“Book elsewhere if possible!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yellowstone Country Inn

Yellowstone Country Inn
Yellowstone Country Inn
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Book elsewhere if possible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

For $158, I expected a decent stay! NOT SO. There was barely room to walk between the beds that faced each other across the room. One bed had a TV on the vanity next to it. No lamp or room for one. The bathroom was nasty, tiles falling off in the shower, black stuff growing out of the cracks, a bare bulb for a ceiling light, small old scratchy towels. Knobs broken off on the vanity. Hot water? Forget it! A trickle of warm followed by cold water and more cold water. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cleo1967

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Raleigh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

From the outside, this Inn looks charming. Having to book last minute, it was one of two choices left and I choose the wrong one. The room was really out-dated, the carpet and furnishings all looked to be from the 70's. There were large stains on the carpet. There was no mini fridge or microwave as I was told. There were two queen beds with old, worn linens. The beds faced each other with little room to walk between them. Had my friend traveled with me as planned, she would not have been able to view the tv because it was on her nightstand. No lamp at that bed! But, that didn't matter because the tv was really old with poor reception and imagae quality. It also had few channels. The towels were small and old, fabric softener might have helped because they were abrasive, too. But, I'm not sure which was the worst of the room -- the tiny bugs in the bathroom (I hope they were nowhere else) or the fact that the front door had a gap under it and outside light poured underneath (which meant bugs, rain, etc. could too). I had to stuff a towel under it. The only plus is that there was free wi-fi but only for one device. The staff was young, not pleasant at all and seemed bothered by my request for a hair dryer (that was supposed to be in the room already). Aside from all of that, I felt like the location was unsafe. Book early so that you don't have to stay here. There is no pool or fitness center.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Lexington, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I only stayed for one night but had a bad experience.
The hotel is near many shops but you have to drive a long way to many great sights in
Yellowstone
The quality is terrible. The beds had a lot of lint and dust in them so I sneezed a lot while I was sleeping so I didn't get a good rest. I was also disturbed by a constant A/C noise.
I was also very frustrated with the Wi-Fi in there. The signal was super weak. The space is okay.
The TVs were nothing special either. They were old SDTVs. They were so blurry that I had to wear glasses to see what was being played on the screen. You'd expect better quality from a $160 hotel stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Blanding, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here from 8/4-8/9. We wanted to have a place close to Yellowstone. Each day we went into the park and wanted a home base for the week. Our family was large (11). We like to rent homes or big family units in order to be together. The family units we had were just right. 8 queen beds (yes 8!) were upstairs and 2 queens downstairs. We had a full kitchen in the downstairs unit. Our intention was to have breakfast there and be in Yellowstone for the day. We were able to have our family together. We enjoyed the big log deck in the front of the office. Just right for relaxing after a long day with little grandchildren! We were told ahead of time that the pool was not operating but did have the option to use the White Buffalo hotel pool just 1 block away. Yellowstone park held our interest so much that we arrived back to West Yellowstone in time for supper and bedtime. Kids didn't want to swim, besides, they swam in the river in the Park. Our rooms were cleaned and ready for us when we returned. The staff was helpful and patient with our big group. Matt was great at giving suggestions on where to eat and shop. Our family trip was a success and we would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lillian B
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting! Sleep in your car rather than stay here. Dirty, minimal facilities, rooms don't feel very secure, holes in the curtains. Long black hairs in the bath. Plugs don't stay in the powerpoints. We were woken by a call from the front desk at 10.15pm to see if we needed anything And all this for over $160 per night! How can this be called a B & B when they don't serve breakfast?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! For another $60 - $70 per night you can somewhere quite reasonable. Yellowsto...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RedBeach0932
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I usually am not phased by a few little "hitches" or issues with a place to stay...I work in customer service, and I can understand that things cannot always be perfect. However, when EVERYTHING is awful.......
I called ahead to make a reservation, and was assured over and over that we would be placed in a room that was handicap accessible with a wheelchair in mind. We arrived, only to find that we were in a ground floor room....with an 8-inch step to scale!!! That was not going to work, so I proceeded to talk to the girl at the front desk and explain the situation. She literally scowled at me and said, "Well, we're all booked. I can't do anything." She turned her back to me, so I said, "Excuse me, ma'am, but I think you should try to switch us to one of the other rooms that IS accessible...I was promised we would not have any trouble." She was SO ticked off but said she would "try" to find a room to switch us to. "Oh, you shouldn't have any trouble...we're parked right in front of a room that is clearly accessible. You can just switch us to that room. Those folks haven't arrived yet, have they?" She eventually said that yes, she could do that, sat the keys for the room on the counter, and walked away without any acknowledgement. I was frustrated, but we were so tired I decided to just go to the room and forget about it. I figured she'd had a long day.
We got to the room, and the doorknob was literally just about hanging off the door! We used the deadbolt, but there was no other form of security so we felt very vulnerable. One of the beds was all the way against the air unit, so the room was really stuffy. The hotel directory/information binder was falling apart completely. There was a huge hole in the wall underneath the sink. The bathroom was on a slant so it was extremely difficult helping my handicap friend in the shower. The internet is a JOKE. And for spending nearly $200 for one night, you would think they would offer at least a little something for breakfast, but no-nothing. When I checked out in the morning, the guy looked up from a conversation with a co-worker, took the keys, said, "OK you're good to go," and went right back to his conversation, completely ignoring me when I (though they did NOT deserve it) said, "Thank you!" I am so disappointed that we stayed there, I will NEVER return to this "inn" again!!! Oh, and the "pool" had no water in it...in the middle of JULY!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

OK I get it - they are 4 blocks from the Yellowstone entrance. It is high season so the whole city is pretty much completely booked all of the time and they can charge and arm and a leg for almost nothing.

But it would be nice if they at least made some pretense that they were trying to make their place a nice place to stay.

First: The good thing - they do have very large rooms - they are extremely spacious.

1) They don't offer a free breakfast - how did this get listed under bed & breakfasts? I have no idea... Even if it is a crappy breakfast I have come to expect even low end motels to offer something. I booked this because it was the cheapest option of the few hotels left and I kind of expected a dive and was OK with that. However, had I realized they didn't even bother offering a continental breakfast I could have upgraded to a nice hotel that did offer breakfast and still paid the same amount of money.

2) The TVs are still box TVs - makes it very obvious they are investing nothing into keeping this place up to date.

3) There is an outdoor swimming pool. Except there was no water in it. Yeah...

4) Overall it is just really run down.

If everything else is booked and this is all that is in your price range and you have stay somewhere and you don't mind something run down and not especially clean and crisp, it works. Its clear that they are just milking it for all they can get based on the location and aren't investing anything back into the motel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family