“Noisy! Noisy!”

Yellowstone Country Inn
Boise, Idaho
“Noisy! Noisy!”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This was the first time that I was staying in a "motel". So when we got there I was surprised with the room. It wasn't bad. It was clean and well kept. The problem was that your room was about 3 feet from the parking lot. So any time someone came and went you heard every noise. Then when the Harleys left at 5am that was about my final straw. If it hadn't been the only place lelf in town to stay, I would have been moving on.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 23 July 2010

This hotel is really more of a motel, which is fine as long as you know that is what you are paying for. The room we stayed in, 108, was basically falling apart. The manager took almost 30 minutes to check us in and the restaurant was closed. This place would be fine if you were looking for a medicore motel. After staying here, I would rather have camped. My advice would be to stay away from the Yellowstone Country Inn and spend your money on a different hotel in West Yellowstone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobRoude

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Reviewed 24 June 2010

The reservation was made just a few days in advance, so there were very few hotels in West Yellowstone with vacancy. I now realize why this one had rooms left. Trash had been left in the hallway to the room, giving us a pretty bad first impression. The rooms weren't too much better.

The furniture looked like it came from the family's home; it was a bunch of random items just thrown together. A microwave sat on top of a part of an old kitchen counter, an interesting sight. There was no fridge. I was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet, so I had to pull a pair of flip-flops from my bag. When exposed carpet tacks were found going into the bathroom, I was glad I did.

The sheets weren't changed during our stay, which was apparent due to the muddy shoeprint on one of the pillowcases that remained. We ended up cancelling the last few nights and moved into the park, which was a big relief. It had been a while since I stayed in a hotel with such bad management.

• Stayed July 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We stayed here for one night before heading in to Yellowstone National Park. The rooms were a bit dated and the room felt old, but it worked for the night. Beds were decent. Bathroom needs some work. The shower kept kept changing temperature from burning hot to freezing cold which was really annoying. The hotel offered free wifi but the signal was too weak in our room. It was nice that we could park right outside our room door.

I'd probably give the hotel 2.5 rather than 3. It's good for a one-night stopover but probably wouldn't stay longer than that.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 29 September 2009

What a shame. I saw it online, next to a restaurant, photos were deceiving. Nothing went right, from a loss of reservations, to the room being a dump, the blinds were missing slats, so they didn't even close properly. The restaurant was out of business. No continental breakfast. No change, no copy machine. I had been excited to go there, the rate was lower than any other we'd stayed at.
I could not even unpack my bag. I did not want to sit anywhere. So many problems, we called the hotel across the street and had to pay more, but we were lucky to get any place at all on such short notice.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NativeWon
Bangkok
Reviewed 8 September 2009

Dirty room - even can of beers were left when we enter the room.
Poor service from front desk - very difficult to get by phone call before we arrive.
Lack of maintenance in everything!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank akegood
china
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I have stayed in lots of cheap hotels but this one is the worst.
I had water dripping through my ceiling for three days. One of the receptionists was really nice, but the rest did not really care. And the owner, well she is never there, and when she was, had no interest. I saw other guests complaining too.

Not only dirty but noisy, especially when a bus load of tourists turn up at 11pm, and get back on their bus at 7am.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple