“Theme sort of place”

Buckaroo Bills
Price range: US$6 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Buckaroo Bills - Inside and outside seating. Eat your dinner in a cover wagon. Enjoy elk, buffalo, steaks, chicken, pulled BBQ pork, beef and chicken. Pizza, El Gringo Tacos, and soup and stew. Breadfast,Child menu. Leavy room for type of ice cream. If you can eat The "Gambling Man" Banana split under 7 minutes it free.Closed on Sunday
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We weren't very hungry that night so just went in to get little something for dinner. I actually just discovered on my own the room in the back all done up western style with covered wagon style tables and wooden booths. There was also a fake campsite fire with a couple of stuffed "wild animals". So it was a bit hoky but fun. Waitstaff in plaid shirts and jeans, chaps and cowboy hats on display, etc. decent pricing if service a bit slow but quite nice and friendly. I had a wedge salad with blue cheese dressing and got a great corn muffin on the side. Tom had a bowl of stew that was a bit bland and he thought tasted a bit like the Dinty Moore from a can, also
with big corn muffin. Waitress gave us coupons good for 10% off 2 future meals. It was fun to do once but not sure if we would go back.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stopped here on a whim for lunch while driving through West Yellowstone because the menu looked unique and we wanted to sit outside, but we were unpleasantly surprised. The serving staff all seemed knew and didn't know what was listed on their menu, then they brought us out the wrong order. When telling our server the order was wrong and the burger didn't have cheese on it, she came back to our table with a cold piece of cheese in her bare hand to put on the burger. I have never seen this done before and it should have been taken back and reheated with cheese on it. The burger also looked to be the quality of McDonalds. When asking for the correct order that we originally placed, she said he had to pay extra for that or eat what we had!!! Ridiculous. When we were finally fed up and said we will not be paying for this, our server then exclaimed that her manager said we are not allowed to do that. The manager finally came out and was less than apologetic about our experience and was rude to her server and then still made us pay for the appetizer we had. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone travelling through.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

They have a nice menu with a lot of choices. Our buffalo burgers were great and so was the service and ambiance. Adults may find the covered wagon dining room a bit cheesy, but kids would just love it. There is lots of interesting stuff on the walls in the front dining room. The owner is there working away and is very nice. We wished we could have tried some ice cream, but our buffalo burgers filled us up. We were tired and gritty from the road and this was a perfect stop for us. We'd come back again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to this place on a recommendation of a shop owner after asking about good barbecue. The backroom ambiance (covered wagons) is borderline cheesy, but hey, it was with done with the best of intentions.

I ordered the baby back ribs and my wife ordered a pulled pork sandwich. She likes her barbecue swimming in sauce and was pleased with the sandwich in that respect. The barbecue sauce itself was pretty much in the average range. My ribs were cooked such that they were tender, but the meat lacked flavor and they were a bit dry. Clearly they were not smoked. The barbecue sauce was applied at the end and again, the taste was in the average range.

The staff was the redeeming quality. The waiter we had was helpful, courteous, and attentive. I felt a little bit lying to him when he asked how everything was and my wife and I stated that we were quite satisfied. Anyone with a heart lies in those situations, but still, I felt bad because he really seemed interested in us having a good meal.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This place is unique. Western kitsch and super hefty portions of Meaty Awesomeness. You better be hungry and willing to over indulge. My wife ordered BBQ chicken breast thinking that would be on the light side. It came with two breasts and 3 sides. Way too much food. My steak was wonderful. Perfect, actually. I'm all about good value, but the portions are ridiculously huge. The foreign tourists can tell the folks back home why Americans are so obese. One scoop of ice cream = about 1/2 pint. Everything comes with choice of 3 sides including tater tots and cheese fries. No baked or mashed potatoes. I'd suggest splitting an entree with someone.