“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wagon Wheel RV Campground and Cabins
Marietta, Georgia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I can honestly say that I have never stayed at a place where the management tries harder to make you happy. Everyone involved, from Dorit who answers the phone and makes reservations, to Ken who runs the place and seems to be everywhere at once, to Renda who is the absolute best housekeeper anywhere, could not be nicer and more helpful. My wife and I stayed 10 days in Cabin 5, and not a single complaint. Cleanest and neatest lodging I've ever found. The 5-star rating is not high enough for how clean and well maintained things are. Cabins are just a little small, but no one goes to Yellowstone to sit inside a room. We have found our new "Home away from home" in West Yellowstone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband, mom, and 2 boys stayed in cabin 6. It was perfect for us. When you walk in, there is a private room (for my mom), then you continue through to the kitchen and finally the big room that has a queen bed and a set of bunk beds. We checked in late (around 11pm) and I felt bad for making Ken stay up so late to meet us, but he couldn't have been nicer! He still gave us a map of the area, recommendations on things to do, and walked us through the cabin. A bonus was the laundry room. We were only there 4 days, but we still had another 4 days to go on our road trip, so we were able to wash clothes before we left. If you are thinking of staying in a hotel, reconsider!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deschavez
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Ken the owner is amazing!!! Wagon Wheel makes you feel right at home. Very welcoming from the time I walked in the door to greet me till the time we left to go back home. Showed and explained all the best spots to take our 3 children (7,5,3) in town. From shopping to the best food places. (All within walking distance) And all the great and best spots to stop and see inside Yellowstone Park. We RV'd from California so It was great to have full hookups. He made sure that we were hooked up and if we needed anything to just ask. Wagon Wheel grounds are well maintained. Very clean bathrooms with showers, laundry room and a great game room with a pool table. Ken is always around so incase you had any questions he had answers. Whenever we saw Ken he made sure we were having a great time. If we stayed in town for the day or if we went to the park. You can tell that he cares and loves his everyday job and meeting new people. Overall a great experience. A great thanks to Ken for making a great vacation for my family!!! Thanks again Ken. Monte Family From California.

2 Thank Jenna M
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had a great stay in West Yellowstone thanks to Ken and the wonderful cabin at Wagon Wheel. The cabin was older and made of real lodge pole pine, but is maintained perfectly. Renda kept our cabin spotless with daily maid service. I most enjoyed the private fenced in yard and my private gas grill. I Could have stayed here for a month,as the place made me feel like being at home. I hope to visit West Yellowstone again, and if I do I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for Cabin # 1 if you have a family, my sons enjoyed the loft bedroom.
1 Thank bobstravel_13
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My family of 4 stayed at tent site 2 for two nights while we visited the west side of Yellowstone. I must admit, my heart sank a little when I pulled up to the office of the campground, as it looked dated and is located in town. As soon as I saw the sparkling clean shower room, bathrooms, and laundry room, I realized we had not made a mistake. Our shaded site was steps from a dish room, restroom, and picnic tables ( all very clean!). The only drawback to our site was that there was a light that stayed on all night just above the tent. If you choose one of the other sites, this won't be a problem. Ken, the owner, couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful with suggestions of things to do and see. He was hands-down the friendliest guy we met on our cross country trip. We found the location to be super convenient too-- easy walk to dinner in town. We camped across the country this summer, and Wagon Wheel was our favorite campground.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SBMarn
GRAND JUNCTION
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

An amazingly wonderful place! We were 2 families traveling through Yellowstone together. My family of 4 have a camper/trailer and we had space #38 and my cousin's family of 3 were in cabin #3 directly adjacient to us. It couldn't have been better. The property is beautiful with mature trees that provide shade and privacy. The cabin was clean, neat, and well appointed. We took full advantage of it's amenities especially the gas grill. The campsite was great, we had electrical and water hook-up. The community bathrooms/showers/laundry room are VERY clean. The 'Community-Game' room was comfy and provided a place for our 3 teenage boys to hang-out, listen to music and play pool. That wi-fi is available throughout the property is an added bonus! The center of town is a short walk away and the west entrance to Yellowstone is just a few minutes by car. Now some words about the host Ken. Ken is an amazing man; friendly, funny, kind, generous, happy, informative, helpful, caring ........ the list could go on and on! Ken takes the Wagon Wheel from wonderful to absolutely awesome! We don't know when we will be back in that area, but when we return it will be to the Wagon Wheel!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelCritter6
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed in Cabin 5 for three days. It was truly lovely - the kitchen had all of the cutlery and dishes you could want, the bed was comfortable and the cabin was very clean and tidy.

We used the outdoor barbecue a couple of times, and it worked great. There is also an 'entertainment' cabin with a pool table and some video games onsite.

Walking into town is an easy ten minutes, yet Wagon Wheel is located away from any noise of the downtown area.

The owner, Ken, was on site and very helpful with suggestions regarding places to eat or activities offered in the area. I would definitely recommend the Wagon Wheel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple