“We will stay here every time!!”
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Cute little place! More country feeling than any of the chain hotels around here with the wood siding on the walls. Very Clean! Carpet looked good quality and new! King size bed! And at about half the price! $89 for our room. The other places were asking $200+. No breakfast but there is a small micro and fridge in the room. and if that doesn't work for you there is a mcdonalds around the corner. You can buy allot of mc muffins for $110!! No AC but weather is just wonderful, they have a fan in the room which is nice. and it is 3 -5 minutes from the front gate. Do put the address in your navigator though its off the main road. The other hotels have BIG lit up signs,,, but remember more than double the cost!. I hope these people get all the business and drive down the cost' in this town. I cant say enough about the service! Just wonderful!

Room Tip: we were on the first floor and able to park right in front of our door. It is not on the main road...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AS8447
There are newer reviews for Holiday Motel

Reviewed 19 July 2013

While the owners were very friendly the rest of the place left a lot to be desired. Rooms were marginally clean. No air conditioning (thank goodness we beat the heat wave), no TV, no hairdryers. They did have a small fridge, a micro and provided us with a fan......We had stayed in another motel two days prior to checking into this one. Paid the same amount for both motels, but the first one was hands over fists superior to this one. Also, location was way off the beaten path and a dog barked until almost midnight.....hmmmm. If you're desperate stay here. Otherwise, even if you have to pay a few $$ more stay somewhere else. Our clue should have been that every other motel was booked solid and this place had several vacancies. In fact, I think we were one of 6 rooms occupied. Nice family though, so I hope they make it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
yellowstonemapco, Owner at Holiday Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

After reading your review, we looked up the room you were staying in and did a full inspection as to why you felt it was only marginally clean. We felt the carpet may have been the reason and we didn't disagree! We replaced it that week. It had had a pot of coffee spilled on it and try as we might to clean it, it kept reappearing. Also- we have added 32" flat screen TV's with Dish Network! Hopefull that will make up for the lack of air conditioning. With an average temp here of 45 at night, most people are happy with a fan!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here because our 1st choice hotel could only accomodate us for 2 of the 3 days we were staying in W. Yellowstone.

The Good - Rooms are small, but clean, and had a small fridge, a micro, Wi-Fi, and a fan.

The bad - The 20 something year old Zenith TV was not working, and when we brought it to their asttention, were told its not working because they were converting to - I believe he said Dish. There was no Air Conditioning, Location also was away from the beaten path.

The ugly - Because there was no hair dryer in the room, we went to the front office to see if they distributed hair dryers upon request, thet said, sorry, no. Then we heard the TV in the back room was on and operating. Asked why does the back room/rersidence(?) have reception and the rooms don't, we were told they're working on it. Also, the rate charged was the same as the #1 rated Alpine Motel, where we stayed the 1st 2 nights, and would have stayed for all 3 nights had they had the availability.

Room Tip: Don't bother unless its your last resort
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pegasus39_11

The satellite TV is on at the Holiday Motel. Most rooms have been outfitted with 32" flat screens and Dish Network. The rest will be shortly! Also- if you choose to stay withus and don't travel with your own hairdryer, I would be happy to lend you mine! That's how we do things in Montana. Sorry I wasn't home to lend it to you that day! Just a quick note to update anyone who reads your unfortunate review.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Thanks to a disaster of a stay at Moose Creek Inn, I ventured down the street and found the Holiday Motel. What a break! Talk about turning lemons into lemonade. The Holiday Motel was so much more spacious and accommodating. Jeff, the owner, made sure I was happy with the room and gave me a great deal. I ended up staying an extra night. The location certainly has it's own charm, and I fit right in. My kind of place. A great LARGE remodeled room with the best WiFi of my trip. Since it's a few blocks down the street from the main drag, it is very quiet. I slept like a baby and wondered why anyone stays at the Moose when I got so much more at the Holiday Motel for allot less $$. I like staying at places where the owner (and not a corporation) takes charge. Thanks to the Holiday Motel for taking me in late in the evening after the nightmare at the Moose Creek Inn. Great stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed 6 October 2012

It's very refreshing to deal with the actual owners when you check in and what-not. This motel has that small-town feel. It's really well-kept, and if there are any issues, the owners are very accomodating.

Do you get sick of feeling most of your money is going to corporation-executives who don't deserve it? WELL FOLKS, at the Holiday Motel YOUR MONEY IS GOING TO GREAT PEOPLE WHO EARN IT.

Lisa was one of my favorite people to deal with at all the motels & hotels we stayed at on our long road-trip. I'm glad I didn't go with a more expensive place!!

The Holiday Motel was open VERY LATE IN THE YEAR, past the regular tourist-season. We stayed there October 31, 2011.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Eschew glamor and enjoy the real America by staying in a trailer park next to a junk yard. The Holiday Motel's surroundings are awful, it is even next door to a crazy barking dog-on-a-chain and bearded yokels loading up their gun rack at night. Yet its location is at the same time brilliant, being in West Yellowstone.

And here's the rub. Because local hotel owners confuse West Yellowstone with the French Riviera, they think they can charge more per night than the US national debt. Not the Holiday Motel, it knows it overlooks an eyesore and has to keep the prices reasonable ($100 per night compared to $200+ for rooms only two blocks away).

And the best part is the rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable ... albeit a little dingy with only one small window, though as I've mentioned, in some ways that's a blessing. The owners are nice too.

So if you want to visit Yellowstone without being royally ripped off, stay at Holiday Motel. Just close your eyes when you arrive.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JGletherow
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I've got to say that my experience at this motel was a memorable one. We panicked that the park was completely full and contacted Holiday Motel. The owner was so accommodating and pretty hilarious. He came running to the door when we couldn't figure out how to lock it, had recently renovated the bathroom and ceilings (which he was proud of.. Looked good!), and recommended restaurants at which to dine the following morning. I loved that it was family-owned. Such a relief from staying in campgrounds all week. Refreshing!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple