“What a Blast!”

Yellowstone Fishing Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellowstone Fishing Guides specializes in guiding anglers of all skill levels and abilities. We do both floating and wading trips, and supply all the gear necessary to try fly fishing at no extra cost. I grew up in West Yellowstone, and enjoy sharing this area with all of you. Come spend a day with us and see why this area is so special.
Alberta
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“What a Blast!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I booked our guided trip after seeing the TA reviews and the day exceeded my expectations. There are no shortage of guides in West Yellowstone but I don't think we could've have had a better experience than our day with Travis.

It was our first time fly fishing and I was pretty nervous about it but my fears were quickly alleviated when chatting with Travis. He put us both at ease and gave us a tremendous first day of fishing. The whole day was an absolute blast. He got us going quickly (after a nice drive through the park to get to our 'fishy' waters) and soon we were casting and learning the ropes. (And perhaps climbing trees and wading out to logs in the creek to rescue snagged flies lol) Even in the awkwardness of learning a new skill he made us feel relaxed and our confidence built throughout the day. I appreciated his patience with us. We were having a great time, even before the first bite but there were plenty of catches throughout the day.

We had a lovely homemade lunch at the water's edge - they really don't cut corners. Travis was so generous with his time and knowledge (and countless flies!). They really know what they're doing and obviously put a lot of thought and care into their trips.

Thanks Travis, for an incredible experience - a highlight of our Yellowstone trip, for sure and the beginning of our fly-fishing adventures!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank coupleofalbertans

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Good, hope for better”
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

The sights were great, the guide was nice, but we didn't catch fish, and after four hours of fishing I expected something better, especially after what I payed...

3 Thank Unknown_hunter
Trvshnsn, Owner at Yellowstone Fishing Guides, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Hello. I assume you went out with either Giselle or I (Travis). I am not sure who you are or which date you went out. I would be happy to discuss your experience with you if you give me a chance. I am glad you like the sights and your guide. I wish we could control the fishing and how many fish we caught, but when fishing for wild trout some days are great and some are hard. Thanks and sorry you felt you should have caught more.
Travis Hansen
Knoxville, Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent in all aspects”
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Spent a full day fishing with Travis on the Madison. He is the consummate professional. He was very patient with me. I feel the lessons I learned from him alone were worth his fee. I caught more fish than I expected. Even though it rained some he made it work. My wife was along was along as a spectator and she enjoyed the trip even with the rain. If I return I will
plan my trip around fishing with Travis.

1 Thank dccweb
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Service, Knowledgeable Guides”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The week immdiately following Memorial Day weekend of 2012, my family of 3 (including my wife & 13 year old daughter) were very impressed with our fly fishing trip arranged by Travis at Yellowstone Fishing Guides. Travis is very knowledgeable and definitely a notch above most fishing guides I have expericed in the past (not that the others were bad .... Travis is just really good). He taught us all new techniques and openly shared his knowledge of the area. He communicate well with us before the trip, returned calls as promised and was prompt the morning we met to fish the Madison River. He was able to pick a great location based on all the factors (our experience, expectations, the weather, etc.). We also had the pleasure of working with his wife Giselle while in the area, who I would also highly recommend. They were both awesome and made the trip a lasting memory for us. I would definitely recommend Travis and/or Giselle if you have the opportunity to fish in the West Yellowstone area.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank tafan4life
Helena, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Perfect Fly Fishing Experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I went on a full day floating trip on the Madison River. I had only been fly fishing a few times but this was easily the best overall experience. The fishing was great and the scenery was beautiful, but the guide was what really made the trip. If you don't have a good guide, everything else can be ruined. He was born and raised in this area and had amazing knowledge of the river and fishing, you could really tell that it was his passion. I would highly reccomend a trip with Yellowstone Fishing Guides. I will definitely be back.

Visited July 2011