“West Yellowstone Fly Fishing”

Yellowstone Fishing Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellowstone Fishing Guides specializes in guiding anglers of all skill levels and abilities. We do both floating and wading trips, and supply all the gear necessary to try fly fishing at no extra cost. I grew up in West Yellowstone, and enjoy sharing this area with all of you. Come spend a day with us and see why this area is so special.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“West Yellowstone Fly Fishing”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

When you are in West Yellowstone, stop in at Arrick's Fly Shop. You will not be disappointed.

Ask for Tony, for help, than ask for Matt as your guide. You can float down rivers, wade rivers, but lake fishing did not appear so glamorous. Let me tell you, you will catch fish in the rivers, but when you fish the lake the trip is awesome. You see tv shows with people catching trophy fish (rainbows, brook, and brown. Well before lunch I caught and released ( you can keep the fish ) seven fish. All in the range of 21" to 24" after lunch you have the option to float the Madison. My guide Matt was very helpful and instructed me on how to improve my fishing techniques. The shop has very helpful staff, (tony) and a wide variety of fishing equipment.

Stop in and look around, but foremost spend sometime with your children, wife, or husband fishing on a lake. You will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jim W

Ewing, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day on Madison River, above and beyond our expectations”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I have traveled to many different places and enjoyed both fresh and saltwater fishing, but all these years we were focused on spinning or baitcasting. Well, this is about to change after a day on the Madison River with Travis. It was absolutely a blast and made our July 4 so memorable! Travis was a great teacher; my husband and I could not believe how many fish we caught as we were learning the techniques (and how we managed to avoid tangling mess). We booked our float trip in February, and were glad we were able to secure a date during our Yellowstone trip. We traveled light and did not bring any equipment, but Travis provided all the tackle that worked very well for us. We were staying in West Yellowstone and he picked us up in front of the Motel. We had a nice break and shore lunch mid-day, again all arranged by him. Everything was so worry-free, we learned so much, and we caught a lot fish, we could not have asked for a better day. This was the Day 1 of our 6 day stay in Yellowstone area, and for the next 5 days we kept thinking about fly fishing every time we drove by a river or stream. For anyone looking for a guide in Yellowstone, I can highly recommend Travis! And all-day is the way to go; time passes too fast when you are having so much fun.

Visited July 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Bud Lilly's Fly Shop”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Very helpful and well stocked. Friendly staff. Glad we stopped in to get intel and flies and fishing licenses.

2 Thank Callmechuck
Madrid, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They are the best!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My wife and I were floating the Madison with Giselle one day and wading inside the park with Travis two days later in August. It is hard to decide which one of the two days was more fun.
Gisele was able to make it look easy while moving the boat to every interesting spot in the river, seeing trout rise, telling me where to cast, following my fly and even spotting a black bear (that no other boat around us was able to see), all at the same time! She was very helpful, giving good suggestions and changing flies so fast that I almost had no time to drink. And yes, I caught many trouts that day.
Fishing with Travis was also very good; he took us to very nice areas within the park where it seemed as if nobody had been around for a long time. We saw lots of big trout and caught some of them. At some point, during a drake hatch, I was getting a little cutthroat with almost every 4-5 casts; Somehow he located the biggest one in this area, showed me where it was, and we caught it. Amazing.
And the trip includes lunch, it was a pain having to stop fishing, but it was so good (it included even cup cakes and brownies) that I didn´t regret “loosing” that time.

1 Thank Jose M
Alberta
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What a Blast!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I booked our guided trip after seeing the TA reviews and the day exceeded my expectations. There are no shortage of guides in West Yellowstone but I don't think we could've have had a better experience than our day with Travis.

It was our first time fly fishing and I was pretty nervous about it but my fears were quickly alleviated when chatting with Travis. He put us both at ease and gave us a tremendous first day of fishing. The whole day was an absolute blast. He got us going quickly (after a nice drive through the park to get to our 'fishy' waters) and soon we were casting and learning the ropes. (And perhaps climbing trees and wading out to logs in the creek to rescue snagged flies lol) Even in the awkwardness of learning a new skill he made us feel relaxed and our confidence built throughout the day. I appreciated his patience with us. We were having a great time, even before the first bite but there were plenty of catches throughout the day.

We had a lovely homemade lunch at the water's edge - they really don't cut corners. Travis was so generous with his time and knowledge (and countless flies!). They really know what they're doing and obviously put a lot of thought and care into their trips.

Thanks Travis, for an incredible experience - a highlight of our Yellowstone trip, for sure and the beginning of our fly-fishing adventures!

4 Thank coupleofalbertans