“outstanding mexian food”

Taqueria Las Palmitas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Boise, Idaho
“outstanding mexian food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the type of mexican food you hope to find everytime you go to a mexican restaurant. Don't know what happened to the people who wrote bad reviews, because we eat in Mexico every year and this is about as close as it comes. Yes it's more expensive than most taco trucks, but this is west yellowstone after all.

1 Thank BeachRunner50

Tracy, California, United States
“Fun Food!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very cool idea, could see how it would get a bit uncomfortable if packed, but there are tables outside too. My family had a really fun experiance with excellent food quality. I asked for spicy and they delivered. My daughter is very picky and even her prudish tastes were met. (I was a bit shocked) Had a sudden shower/hail storm lasting about 5-10 minutes while we were eating that added to the ambiance. Seemed pretty authentic to me, an well priced.

“Really good!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Unique setting for a really good lunch. Service was quick, you can see into the entire kitchen and it was spotless, and everything was super tasty. Prices were very reasonable for quality.

Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Good authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great burritos, tacos and enchiladas. This is authentic Mexican, not Taco Bell. Great crane asada. They have Mexican soda too. Great repurposing of a school bus.

Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“This is good Mexican? - Not what I had”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Maybe I just have to chalk my bad experience here to expectations. I ordered the six tacos for ten bucks. I'm usually more of a burrito guy, but it seemed like a good meal to take back to the RV. As we were driving back, I remarked to my wife that the prices seemed like usual sit-down restaurant prices. While there is a snack bar and picnic tables outside, there are no servers. You order your food at a window and take it to eat wherever you want. That's ok. That's what I expected.
We got back to the RV and I was surprised when I opened the plate. Six, small, soft, flat, flour tacos with the various items I ordered: spicy pork, shredded beef and chicken. I guess this is Mexican style, but certainly not $10 worth, and not what I was expecting.
The spicy pork was tasteless and not spicy. The chicken was tasteless. The shredded beef was pretty good. I was still hungry after eating the entire plate. Far from my usual experience where Mexican restaurants give way too much food.
On a positive note - it did clean out my lower digestive system. I will not be returning.

1 Thank Steven G