“Great!!”

Taqueria Las Palmitas
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Description: Restaurant converted from an old school bus.
Temple, Texas
“Great!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I just got through eating a take out order from this place. The beans and rice were as good as you would find in any grandma's cocina in my home town of San Antonio. Now that is a compliment. Very extensive taco and enchilada menu. I got the traditional Mexican red, white and green. Now I know this isn't tex-mex but it was still good. Would have liked a little more sauce on the enchiladas. The taco part of the menu seemed to be of the street taco variety as others have said. I also got a roasted chili serrano which was great. Prices were reasonable. Seating is either outside at tables or inside the magic bus. As I said, I got mine to take out to my air conditioned hotel. Staff was very friendly. I WOULD go back.

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TACO BUS”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Taqueria Las Palmitas, commonly known as "the Taco Bus" is a favorite of mine. First, the whole thing is actually in a school bus! the seats have been removed and replaced with a sizable kitchen (considering its in a bus) and benches on the sides, facing the windows. It has a wonderful vibe.

Whenever I'm in West for an evening, this is the place I go. In a town where the food is generally mediocre and overpriced, the Taco Bus shines out in it's authenticity, fair prices, and drool-worthy deliciousness. Just as a quick example of their awesomeness, the shredded lettuce that they use is cut from whole lettuce heads, on the spot, many times a day. They don't mess around. Only the good stuff. They're open till ten pm too! You can't beat this place.

• Visited July 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
“Good burritos”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Several locals told us to try the taco bus for mexican food. It was good, but average. We had the big burrito which was the special of the night. Again, nothing wrong with it - just nothing that completely "wow-ed" us either. You order inside the bus, and then can either sit outside at picnic tables or take it to-go.

Visited July 2014
Nashville TN
“Great food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The food was great and the bus was a cool idea. However the girl at the counter couldn't speak good English. She didn't understand us. But she got someone who helped her. I probably would go back. It was pretty good.

“6 Days in a row!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Pops and I were on a fly fishing trip and hit the Taco Bus everyday. Amazing, authentic, well priced for West Yellowstone (we split the 6 taco platter everyday for $9.99). I would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Jay N