“Hidden gem with great Spanish food”
Review of Cafe Madriz

Cafe Madriz
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Madriz brings the authentic taste of Spanish cuisine to southwest Montana all in a family friendly atmosphere. The Cafe Madriz experience is all about the food, the wine and the company.Enjoy everything homemade from scratch, hot and cold tapas, soups, salads and desserts. Also featuring imported products including Manchego cheese, Serrano ham, chorizos and many more.And of course, we serve PAELLA, our signature dish and arguably the most internationally recognized dish from Spain.
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stumbled upon this restaurant and we were not disappointed! The food is made-to-order. We are familiar with Tapas so ordered many dishes. After the first few dishes, we realized that the portion sizes are Tapas +++ and we ended up having to cancel some of our dishes. Everything we had was delicious, especially the mushrooms and shrimp. The owner was also very friendly and came to the table to chat.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Madriz

Reviewed 22 November 2011

We visited this restaurant spur of the moment. Turned up and fortunately there was one table left. Saw people turned away so we were lucky. Definitely recommend you make a booking. My wife and i had the paella and it was very nice. Do remember that this restaurant is a long way from a major city so the owners do well with what they have at their disposal. Staff were very friendly

Reviewed 21 November 2011

My wife and I worked in West Yellowstone for the summer and tried many of the local restaurants. Cafe Madriz was a pleasant find to offset the burger and pizza joints. The owner is from Spain and keeps the menu as true to her Spanish roots as possible. It is a little off the beaten path but certainly worth finding.

1  Thank MrBark
Reviewed 11 October 2011

On our recent trip to Yellowstone National Park, we spent a night in West Yellowstone and found Cafe Madriz highly praised in tripadvisor. To those reviews we add our own delightful experience.

This is the best Spanish food we have eaten since traveling extensively in Spain. The tortilla rivaled anything we have had in Madrid or Barcelona. Ditto for the shrimp and calamari dishes and the desert was a lovely flan.

If you are visiting Yellowstone and are staying in West Yellowstone, don't miss Cafe Madriz. This is an entirely unexpected pleasure in this small, tourist-oriented town.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Food was cold and it took forever. It wasn't busy at all. I thought it was rather expensive for small gross appetizers. Would NOT recommend.

1  Thank SliverIt
CafeMadriz, Owner at Cafe Madriz, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Hello, my name is Elena and I am the owner and chef at Cafe Madriz. I apologize if your experience at my restaurant was not what you expected. Even though it is hard to please everyone, Cafe Madriz strives to do just that by providing home made meals and using only fresh ingredients. Food is prepared to order, from the pan to the table.
I do respect your opinion, however, 'gross', is not an adjective that I believe accurately defines the food that patrons will find at my establishment. Again, one may or may not like the food, think it could be better, but calling it 'gross', with all due respect, I believe is an unfair statement.

Cafe Madriz is closed for the season and I look forward to opening again next year and hope for a very successful summer, just as this one has been.

Again, I am sorry that you had a bad experience at Cafe Madriz and I thank you for your input.

Respectfully,