“Just like being in Spain!”
Review of Cafe Madriz

Cafe Madriz
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Madriz brings the authentic taste of Spanish cuisine to southwest Montana all in a family friendly atmosphere. The Cafe Madriz experience is all about the food, the wine and the company.Enjoy everything homemade from scratch, hot and cold tapas, soups, salads and desserts. Also featuring imported products including Manchego cheese, Serrano ham, chorizos and many more.And of course, we serve PAELLA, our signature dish and arguably the most internationally recognized dish from Spain.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am pretty critical about the restaurants I eat in. I was not expecting much at Cafe Madriz. Boy, was I wrong. My family and I enjoyed a delicious meal; so good that we made reservations for tomorrow night. The meal was not cheap. But, look. We are in the middle of America's wilderness. You simply can't find fine cheeses, olives, and tons of other ingredients out here in the boonies. Well, the owner comes up with the goods and the chef combines the ingredients to prepare outstanding gazpacho, a wide variety of super tapas and a killer paella. My big complaint? They served American coffee (dishwater) instead of an expresso. European meal, followed by delectable desserts needs good coffee.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was really looking forward to our meal here. We had reservations for a family of 8. The menu is very interesting. Unfortunately, unless you have kids who are a little adventuresome with food, there weren't a lot of choices. But what we ordered was very good. Nice wine list. Our server was pretty good, although she did miss one person's order all together.
This would be a great place for an adult dinner with friends. It is small, so plan accordingly.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Enjoyed trying several tapas at this good restaurant. The servers were knowledgeable & we shared several good tapas. The presentation was great, they use some unique serving dishes. Would definitely stop here again to try something different.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went into Café around 8 so our wait was not to long. We had popatoes with blue cheese sauce, Spanish olives, tuna with asparagus and tomato (THE BEST), tortilla (which we saved and ate the next morning). Oh yeah! And the spicy shrimp. Everything was fresh and homemade and amazing. The only thing I didn't care for was Spanish crème brulee dessert. Our waitress was wonderful and happy! Twinkling eyes and from Romania. What a nice girl! I wish we had more time to try the paella.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My family had never eaten at a tapas restaurant so this was a new adventure. We had a shrimp dish, a sort of Spanish bruschetta, the tortilla and the paella for two. Four adults shared all this and we were full. The paella was the best! You should definitely make a reservation. The establishment is small and tables are limited. The waitstaff was very helpful and service was excellent. I think our check was about $65 for a truly unique experience.