“Montana Bakery”

Woodside Bakery
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We offer fresh baked breads, croissants, bagels, danishes, cookies, cakes, pies, cinnamon and orange rolls, as well as breakfast and lunch sandwiches with drinks. We now offer soups, two each day.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Montana Bakery”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Looking at reviews I have to say it seems people love montana bakeries. I found this place slow and poorly stocked, but decent. This also was the third bakery I had stopped at on my trip so I had other montana bakeries to compare it too.

I found the staff helpful just kind of slow. I also noticed that they had been closed the day before for a funeral (posted on the door). From watching the kitchen my impression was that someone key to operations had passed and they were trying to figure out how to run things.

the cases up front were nearly empty at 7am and they seemed to be struggling to fill them. I ordered Croissant sandwiches to go and they took about 20 minutes to prepare but were very good when I got them. I would have enjoyed a couple donuts or other sweet items to go with them, but all they had were a couple cookies. The coffee was passable montana blends which was enjoyable just served black.

All in all not bad, but like a lot of places, staffing issues were hurting them.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Michael T

• Korean first
Stilwell, Kansas
“Supreme Yumminess at Yellowstone!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband read TripAdvisor and said we HAD to go to this place on our way out of WYS. The service wasn't great but the donuts, cinnamon rolls, and scones were outstanding!!!! We would go again and again and again. We spoke with the owner and she was so friendly and sat down with us for a few minutes. She employs exchange students that often are not accustomed to western ways and hospitality. She apologized for the "non cheerfulness" but bragged on the work ethic the young lady demonstrated. The yumminess more than made up for any other issue.

3 Thank Paula M
Henderson, Nevada
“Hands down, a hidden gem!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stopped at this bakery on our way out of West Yellowstone. OMG, I wish we knew sooner! Cinnamon rolls, danishs, were out of this world!!! All three of us were tasting each others breakfast! Hubby took a picture of the sign, just so he remembered the name of it :) Although a small store, everything was home made and tasted great...Will definitely visit again, when we go back to Yellowstone next time!

2 Thank careqt
Custer, Wisconsin, United States
“Great bakery and deli!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven. Good coffee and a great place to pick up a sandwich for a picnic in Yellowstone Nat. Park. It gets busy, but that's because the food is fabulous. The sandwiches are excellent!!!

3 Thank hedquist13
Morristown, New Jersey
“Food is fine, but the service are very bad”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have to agree other reviewers comments on the bad lady service and I think we encountered that same person too. The outside of the bakery looks nice, so we step in and order a couple of sandwiches for lunch in YNP, turns out the sandwiches are not bad, even they became cold.

While we were waiting, I asked the lady to use the rest room and she replied me "there is no restroom available, you can walk across the street and use the restroom in the supermarket".
This bakery has a sit down area, and no rest room available! Hard to believe!

1 Thank 06Traveller888