“Traveling Gluten Free”

Smoke Jumper Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We take special pride and the freshest ingredients to provide our guests with a quality, affordable dining experience. First in gluten free, with dedicated appliances and homemade batters. It is our mission to cater to the needs and exceed the expectations of those with food allergies and specific dietary concerns. Or just a picky palate! You Cant Fake Fresh!
Reviewed 24 August 2014

What a Joy, Homemade gluten free foods and the nicest folks in town. Had the fish & chips and Homemade blueberry pie (Oh-My)!! We will be back!!

4  Thank Pennie G

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Service was slow and breakfast was average. Kind of a far drive out of town for nothing special. Prices were reasonable tho for what we got. Maybe they just need another waiter to speed things along.

1  Thank foodie406
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you're an aviation nut, you have to come here. Even if you're not, you'll hopefully appreciate the aviation memorabilia and historical decor that this quaint airport cafe offers. The food here, however, is probably the most compelling reason to drive a bit north of town as you will not be disappointed.

The owner/chef is clearly dedicated to his craft and takes great pride in sourcing locally produced specialties and ensuring that his guests get the freshest and best available. Prices are reasonable for what he is providing and we found the food consistently good. The menu offers a good variety of staples (burgers, sandwiches, salads) as well as seasonal specials. The burgers are HUGE.

Located in the main airport terminal, there is lots of free parking right out in front. Make the 10 minute drive out to give this place a try - you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank TR182Flyer
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Found this gem on tripadvisor, and decided to give it a try for breakfast. The lobster and omelet with hash browns were super! In fact, so good we went back for dinner. Since they close at 6:00pm for dinner, James gave us his card and told us that if we were on the edge of making it, we could give him a call and he'd wait for us. That's exactly what happened. We had his famous lobster bisque, a lobster roll, and fish and chips. All three were FABULOUS. My husband was stationed in New Port, RI in the '60s, and we have also travelled to New England several times, and never have we had a lobster bisque that even approached being as delicious as James' bisque. And as for the lobster roll, it was stuffed full of lobster...probably closed to 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound. My cod was very light and crunchy, and was the best fish and chips I've ever had. I know these are very high praises, but make the mile or 2 drive to the airport and I promise you will not be disappointed. In fact, I can almost assure you that unless it's your last meal in West Yellowstone, you will go back! By the way, if all of this is not enough for you, James is a really nice guy.

2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We read the reviews and wanted to try eating at the Smoke Jumpers Cafe. We called @ 430 PM from the Norris area of Yellowstone and James answered the phone and told us we would lose cell reception shortly and to call back as we hit the west gate. We were trying to make it before he closed. We called when we hit the gate and he said he would wait for us. I am so glad he did! The food was VERY VERY good! We tried several different things including a Bison burger, fresh asparagus. fish and chips, and chicken tenders for my son. Everything was excellent! James even told us how to cook the asparagus! I have the ingredients and will be trying it out tomorrow! My son proudly stated the chicken was the best he ever had!
It was slightly strange pulling up to the airport, but it was well worth it! Thank you James for waiting and providing a great meal!

1  Thank James B