“Family Vacation”

Super 8 West Yellowstone
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this hotel for two nights. The outside was great also the lobby area was well maintained. Then you get to your room. I had booked a room to accommodate 2 adults and 4 children when we got our room it had a king size bed and a queen size bed. Where were we going to have two of our kids sleep?? We went down to the lobby and they said 4 people could fit in the king size bed. WHAT!!!!, we paid over 200.00 a night for this room! They said they had one rollaway available but the frame was broke so my son had to take off the mattress and put it on the floor. So for over 200.00 a night he had to sleep on the floor. Also I had to sleep in the king bed with 2 of my kids. Very upsetting. Will never stay here again or recommend it.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff were all very friendly even baking fresh cookies to hand out to guest as they arrived. The view was incredible. The hotel sits far enough out of town to be peaceful but it is close enough to be able to get anywhere quickly. It's obvious the hotel is aging, the floorboards sway and creak as you walk, the shower was very clean but the floor under the tub was soft like the floor might be falling away underneath the tub. The worst part of the room was the tiny slot where they put he toilet. The space the toilet sits in is about 2.5' wide no exaggeration, there isn't quite enough room to do what you need to.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side have an excellent view in the evening.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dko3030
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We ended up not staying at this hotel because it was a bit out of our budget, but Susie was so helpful in helping us find a hotel in our price range. She went above and beyond. She even gave us a cookie! Thank you, Susie!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I never stayed at a Super 8 before this and hope this one doesn't represent the chain. The outside is nice with a nice outdoor deck. The lobby is also very nice and the staff was as well. However when I got in the room I thought I went back to the 80's! Of my 4 hotel stay on my trip through MT, WY and SD this was the most expensive, oldest looking and dirtiest. The rug was filthy the curtains and bedspread looked like they were 20 years old along with the old style TV that had very poor reception and the bathroom door didn't close (warped).

1  Thank Kwldtrvlr
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice clean hotel; Suzy at the front desk went out of her way to help us as we had decided to change our reservations. She allowed us to use her cell phone so we wouldn't rack up charges on ours. This was a very kind thing to do; as well she was very helpful and informative on local dining and attractions.

In the common area they have board games that the guests can play, which is a fun touch. I was impressed with the tv in our room. The outdoor patio was pleasant to it on and enjoy the scenery.

The only issue I had here was on the first night we stayed, the alarm clock rang at midnight, waking us both up. But it was all right because when we told the desk clerk in the morning, he took $20 off of our bill for our troubles.

Considering the location the price was reasonable and I would stay here again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I realize we cannot be too picky in the parks areas for lodging, but I was most disappointed in this hotel of all 9 of the other ones we stayed in on this trip. The man at check-in was friendly, beautiful lobby area, and breakfast area. The rooms could use some updating and a bit better cleaning. I laid down on the bed and was about to turn off the bedside lamp and saw cobwebs inside the lamp shade.
Be advised that this hotel was a full 7 miles west of the town of West Yellowstone, I thought it was in the town, so we had to drive west through West Yellowstone to the motel, then check in, then drive back east to town for supper, then 7 mi back west to the motel for the night, a lot of driving back and forth after some huge days of driving.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Overall the Super 8 was just fine. I think it is far more well appointed than Super 8's around the country. The decor is fitting for the area and the "lodge feeling" they are going for. The staff are very nice and very helpful. The rooms are clean. However they have a new policy that if you leave anything personal on the bed they will simply leave you a note and not make the bed. Apparently staff are not allowed to touch personal items. I wonder how they cleaned the sink area? Seemed those personal items were moved; the sink was cleaned and restocked.

Anyway, the DECK is very to cocktail on and behind the Super 8 is a KOA with a GREAT convenience store and best off all Josh and Keley the amazing pizza, salad, and sandwich chefs. YUM.

The pricing is very high for this hotel, however ALL of WEST YELLOWSTONE is out of their mind with their pricing. It is all about supply and demand....little supply+high demand = high prices. ALSO note that there are A LOT of rooms for rent in West Yellowstone many of which are NOT offered on Trip Advisor or the major third party bookers. Check the West Yellowstone yellow pages.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs so that the neighbors above you (there is no third floor) won't keep you up in...
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yellowstone
#8 of 39 in West Yellowstone
Days Inn West Yellowstone
Days Inn West Yellowstone
#20 of 39 in West Yellowstone

Been to Super 8 West Yellowstone? Share your experiences!