“Up close wildlife”

Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
More attraction details
Owner description: See LIVE grizzlies and wolves at this AZA Accredited, Not-for-Profit Wildlife Park and Educational Facility. Activities include: Keeper Kid's (hide food for the bears), live Bird-of-Prey Exhibits, view two separate wolf packs from the Naturalist Cabin, Wolf Enrichment, Safety in Bear Country Programs, Yellowstone Park Ranger Talks, a World-Class Bear museum, intriguing films and presentations. Open 365 days (GWDC bears DO NOT hibernate). Admission is good for two consecutive days. One block from Yellowstone National Park.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was so amazing to see bears that close up. My kids got to help hide food before they let the bears out and they loved it. The wolves were interesting but I was glad for the glass between us. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My youngest son was eager to see a bear in Yellowstone. His mom was relieved that this did not happen while we were in the park. While staying in West Yellowstone, we decided to visit this discovery center. The facility was nice, but it was very expensive. 13 year olds get charged as adults. An employee could not effectively use a microphone. Some of the exhibits needed repair. The place is small. We would not visit again.

1  Thank Edmundjb
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went to this place on a whim and are glad we did. YOu can see bears in their natural habitat with a river flowing through it while foraging under rocks and logs to find hidden fruits placed by the keepers before they let the bear in. I wasn't too sure about this place but once I saw the setup Im glad I did. The bears and wolves are made at home and get to interact with other bears and hunt food like they are used to.

The great thing about this place is the ticket is good for 2 days so you can come back and see different bears if you missed one in particular. We enjoyed seeing the 1000 pound grizzly Sam and the next day the 5 bears all together.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I loved the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. Unfortunately just as we arrived, so did a huge thunderstorm. We were able to get under cover right up close outside the grizzly enclosure so I was still able to take pictures of him while the thunderstorm raged around us. The same with the wolves. I loved the fact that there were plenty of open spaces to photograph the animals. Sometimes in these types of facilities there is only glass between the animal and you and it makes it very difficult to take pictures but here there were plenty of open air places.
The staff were all very welcoming, friendly and knowledgable and were very obliging in answering any questions.
I would definitely recommend this attraction.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had the best time here, the wolves were all sleeping, but they were still closely visible. The bears were amazing!!! So close, yet it's safe. Inside is a museum and gift shop and the animals are outside!