Where do we start!!
In our opinion, the other poor reviews for this place are accurate. Unfortunately, we did not see these reviews until after we stayed. Here are 10 things to consider if you plan to stay here. When we opened up the door, we were met with the following:
1. "Stained" carpets. We chose not to play a guessing game as to the causes...
2. What appeared to be pre-slept in beds..you know how the sheets look wrinkly and pressed when compared to freshly made beds. We put our kids in sleeping bags on top of the bed.
3. Serious "febreze" smelling sheets (Given what we already saw it made us wonder if this was done rather than wash them?)
4. What appeared to be oily stained pillows from greasy hair/heads.
5. Shower/tub had nice black hair in it.
5. Shower/tub surround shelves for placing your shampoo bottles on had enough dust/debris on them they had likely not been cleaned for weeks or ??
6. Outlets will not keep your items plugged in. You have to prop them in place.
7. No TV remotes.How did people survive in the 70's and 80's!!
8. Light bulbs burned out and another burned out while there the one night we stayed.
9. Bring your own alarm clock. Or just rely on your neighbors.
10. At the time of staying, the price was about $139 per night. Given what was offered, and compared with other hotels in town, this should be about $40 per night, or about 75% less than others. (Over priced)
We will never return to this hotel...and we've stayed at some pretty rustic local hotels/motels as they can add to the experience of a trip, rather than the typical chain hotel. Maybe if "some of the guys" are using the place for a hunting camp, maybe....but we discovered a lot of cool log cabins and other places that deserve a look so....
- Also Known As:
- Big Western Pines Hotel
- Big Western Pines Motel West Yellowstone, Montana