“Not as bad”

Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Tel-Aviv
“Not as bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

The reviews so far are unjustified. The motel is fine but a bit over priced.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Shaharke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Paso Robles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

This was so terrible. One of the worst and so overpriced. They should be ashamed!
TV didn't work, ceiling fan in bathroom falling out of the ceiling.
Unbelievably bad!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Blakesburg, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We booked this hotel off the internet. Should be a law against posting select pictures of the hotel. The rooms we got looked like they were out of the early 70's. The Color TV in our room had to be one of the first portable color TV's ever made. The remote only worked once in awhile and we only got a few fuzzy channels. The carpet was crudy and I wouldn't walk on it without shoes on. Only 1 bath towel (sort of small) frayed and dingy. No hairdryer and no WiFi although was noted on some web sites to offer it. It was dingy and smelled. The curtains barely hung at the window and hadn't been cleaned forever. The carpet looked like someone had dumped a load of dirty water on it. The furniture was old and broken down. I think a fisherman or hunter would even find this place disgusing. Had to walk forever to find the ice machine. The mattress is old and hard..There should be a law against someone being able to rent rooms like this. WHERE IS THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. If they are promoting Yellowstone National Park they should be ashamed. We had booked for 2 nights and wished we could have gotten out of the bookings, but could not.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank angeluvr_56
ROCHESTER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

I thought that choosing the closest hotel to Yellowstone National Park's west entrance would be a good idea. What a mistake! The room was barely cleaned, and the bathtub hadn't been properly scrubbed—maybe ever. "Cable TV" was six fuzzy channels, and they charged $10.99 per day for use of the WiFi. Peeling wallpaper, the door didn't even close well, and the bath towels were what most hotels would use for cleaning rags (and small, to boot). I can't believe I paid $120 for one night for this place!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ParkAddict
Wilsonville, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

First when I got to the hotel the office was locked and nobody answered. So I had to find a room down the street. I had only booked my reservation 3 hours earlier when I was almost 200 miles away on the recomendation of someone at another web site. When I got there the next day they said that I was going to be charged for the first night that I'd reserved, but then they eventually pushed my reservation out one day. I wish they wouldn't have. As soon as I walked in I was hit with a strong mildew odor. The 1970s carpet was stained and sticky in places. There were cracks in the walls and paint was chiping in places. The covering on shower curtain rod was split the length of the rod and was chipping off. There was mildew in the grout in the shower. The floor towel for the bathroom had a strip missing from it 10 inches long and 4 inches wide. The TV remote didn't work. When I pulled the covers back on the bed the first thing I noticed was a paper backed sticker that was left by whoever was in the room before. It was obvious to me that the sticker hadn't gone through any type of wash. After that I realized that there were creases in the fitted sheet on one of the sides of the bed as if someone had either layed in the bed, or slept in it. As I was standing there disgusted by the dirty sheets I noticed the dark stains along the sides of the box spring. Knowing they were going to charge me for the hotel no matter what I did, I slept in my sleeping bag on top of the bed with the windows open to ventilate the odor. I wouldn't recomend this hotel to inmates.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2007

When our car broke down, the folks at the garage called around to try to find a room for us and our dog. This was NOT the first place they called, but it was the first place they found that had rooms. When I booked our room, I was told that they were one of only 2 places in towns with rooms. I can see why! The room was filthy. When I opened the curtains, there were dead bugs in the window. The carpet was stained. An old, non-working lamp had been left in the room. The room smelled. It was so bad that even though we were exhausted, we went to the IMAX just to avoid spending time in the room. We survived our night there. I thought maybe other rooms were better, but after reading the other reviews here, I guess not. ;-(

• Liked — IIt was a room to sleep in
  • Disliked — Filthy, smelled bad.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2007

My friend and I stayed in this motel and as soon as we entered the room, we knew we were in trouble. It was very tiny and crowded, no shampoo, iron, hair dryer, no remote for the TV, very stained and gross curtains and the furniture was very old and uninviting. No table for us to eat on, play games, etc. The bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been mopped for eons. The whole room had an overall dirty appearance. $100.00 per night? Come on! We called the front desk and told them we wanted to check out and they told us we would be charged for two nights because that was what our reservation was for. We went to the office and explained to them that the main reason for our vacation, besides seeing yellowstone, was to relax and do crafts. The room was too small and we didn't even have a table to work on. So they let us look at another room and lo and behold, it was decent! Same price! We moved our stuff to the other room and enjoyed the 2nd day and night. However, we had to pay a $25.00 cleaning fee on the old room because of the move. What's up with that? They would have had to clean it anyway! We made our reservations about 3 weeks ago, so why would we be given the worst room on the lot and not be told about the other ones? What a rip off! We were very disappointed. Next time, I will ask them to describe the complete room to us, including cleanliness. Never mind! We won't stay there again!

• Liked — That we did end up with a better room in the end.
  • Disliked — Dirty, old, crowded, expensive
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends