“When in Montana...”

Yellowstone Big Gun Fun
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellowstone Big Gun Fun is an indoor shooting range located at the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park. We offer rentals of machine guns, handguns, and rifles to provide our customers and their entire families with a safe and fun activity they'll remember for their entire lives.
San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“When in Montana...”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first trip to Montana and I had never shot a gun before in my life. It's been on my bucket list and I am so glad that I chose the Big Gun Fun range to do it. There's a reason it's the #1 attraction in West Yellowstone although I'm sure the wolves and bears at the sanctuary down the street feel slighted!

The instructor (owner) was so patient and kind. I'm sure he sees it all but he was very encouraging and patient. I learned a lot about guns and now want to get a permit!

This is definitely a fun activity for a Sunday morning! If you have never shot a gun and are curious about it, I'd definitely go here because they make you feel so comfortable. I chose a simple 9mm rather than a package or machine gun. I wanted something more realistic!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank everyshadeofblue

Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I and buddy went to Big Gun Fun specifically after finding it on TripAdvisor. What a BLAST (wink, wink). We shot a Thompson Sub machine gun, a Tracker handgun, a Springfield 9mm, an Uzi, and the beast, The Gatling! Man, was that gatling smooth...and deadly. BGF has authentic Civil War reproduction ammo and the Civil War bullets were fragmenting rounds! No wonder this machine has such a deadly reputation for imparting damage.
We learned this and more by asking questions and had the best time learning about each of the guns. The husband and wife staff are the nicest folks...knowledgable, friendly, no nonscience. Bring your allowance! This spot is worth the stop!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hang on to your hat!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were visiting Yellowstone and saw this while cruising the town. Should we stop in? Uh, yeah! We chose one of the three gun packages. Wise choice! We had expert instruction, and what a friendly guy too. Super fun! I felt safe the whole time. The entire experience was one of the high points of our trip! Do not miss this, or you will regret it. You can't do this at home, right?

Visited May 2014
Pocatello, Idaho
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This place is AWESOME!!! Went for my husband's birthday. So much fun to shoot guns you'll probably never shoot in your lifetime...unless you're in or have been in the military.
My husband and I were on Cloud 9 for several hours after!!
The owner is also Amazing! He explains in quite a bit of detail on what the guns are or were used for, how to operate them (obviously) and is right there with you the entire time you are handling the gun(s). Truly Amazing experience and we can't wait to go back this summer!
Thanks so much for giving people such a Super Fun opportunity!!!
~SNK

Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Gun Fun REALLY is Big Fun!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Big Gun Fun, located in the heart of West Yellowstone, Montana, really is BIG fun. Those who operate the establishment are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They take time to make sure the choices you make are what you really want to do and do not rush you through the process. Shooting a machine gun was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for us. It was exhilarating. Make sure you take time to visit this attraction. You won't regret it.