“What a gem!”

Dining options: After-hours
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

After our first day of Yellowstone, we didn't really want to go to dinner where we would be hoarded by other tourists so we chose The Buffalo Bar. I am so glad we did! Brittany was our server, and she was wonderful. She did a fantastic job giving us recommendations. My husband had the buffalo burrito, and I had the penne mac n cheese. WOW! I wasn't expecting dinner to be THAT good. My husband loved the burrito: no complaints at all. My penne mac n cheese had a homemade cheese sauce and then bacon, green onions, bison, and bleu cheese crumbles. The portion was so huge that I ended up taking the rest back to our cabin for lunch the next day. We finished off dinner with the Naughty Girl dessert. I highly recommend it.

Lots of locals and regulars there, and just an overall great place. You must be 21 or over to enter which, selfishly enough, was perfect for us since we just wanted a quiet, mature place to relax.

We did see they had an outdoor patio, but we didnt check it out.

“cool bar no kids”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a bar restaurant but kids are not allowed. 21 over. They have activities outside and other cool stuff. Band was getting ready to play. beer on tap.;

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Eric G
Durham, United Kingdom
“Good choice”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was great, so different after a poor experience at Bullwinkle's the previous night. The server was friendly and helpful. I had the bison steak which was perfectly cooked, salad bar was good. Only downside was that they don't have draught beer.

North Dakota
“Best food in West Yellowstone!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were recommended to stop here, and we're glad we did! Nice, laid-back neighborhood bar with great food!! We ate here on two separate occasions (would've stopped more if we'd visited sooner). Party of six had drinks, appetizers, dinner. Local Montana beers were great - my favorite was Kettelone Cold Smoke. They offer a sampler paddle of six, if you'd like to search for a favorite. Also had a "Dirty Girl" (cream bourbon w/root beer) that was tasty. The "Dirty Chips" nachos were a favorite of our group to share. In regard to the meals, no-one had any complaints; quite the opposite!! I had the buffalo (bison meat) smothered burrito...it was the BEST burrito I've ever had! My other meal was the bison meatloaf, which was served with mashed potatoes/brown gravy. It was also delicious. One of our group had a trout special, which he also said was excellent. The only problem with this establishment is that it isn't in our back yard!!! Wish it was our neighborhood "go-to spot"!!

1 Thank KD S
“Good food and Beer”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

After a long day on the bike this place was a good watering hole a good range of micro brews and a great menu would recommend it