“Rustic, Not Impressed!”
Review of Moose Creek Inn

Moose Creek Inn
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Rustic at best. I realize we were just outside Yellowstone National Park but what's wrong with a bright modern design? After reading reviews on here I thought this hotel was our best bet. Wrong!
The room was very basic and the comforter looked like it was 10 years old. The bathroom was HUGE, it could have easily accommodated another bed. The walls were very thin and you can hear the people in the next room talking.

If I was paying $40/night this is what I would expect in a room. I paid $113/night and was not impressed. Next time I'll pay more and stay at one of the larger chain hotels. Live and learn.

Also, be prepared to spend a fortune for any type of food in this little town. There's nothing else around and they know it!

Room Tip: The front row of hotel rooms, near the lobby, appeared to be in a brighter location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
brennamaurer, Owner at Moose Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room. You stayed for one night in a room in our new building that was finished last year. This building has above code, commercial hotel soundproofing installed to assure that our guests have a pleasant experience. As far as your suggestion for a bright, modern design, our goal is to keep our rooms decorated appropriately for the area with a rustic lodge style décor. The comforter was very new and was designed to fit the area of Yellowstone Park. As far as the rate, we do keep our rates less than half that of the chain hotels in our area.

There are newer reviews for Moose Creek Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed for 7 nights at the Moose Creek Inn on our honeymoon so that we could venture into Yellowstone at our leisure. The place was cozy, warm and looked as if it were recently decorated. The staff of the Moose Creek Inn were friendly and always willing to help with anything you asked about. I would highly recommend that anyone travelling to Yellowstone who wants a great place at an affordable price to stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
brennamaurer, Owner at Moose Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We enjoyed having you as guests! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed in the Moose Suite. Clean, comfortable, cozy and cute. Wish I could live there! We had coffee, tea and goodies in the morning. We never heard any other guests. There was a kitchenette for our use and everything was clean and ready for use. (Probably cleaner than my own kitchen). The bathroom had the nicest smelling soap and shampoo. We were very happy with it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We hope to see you next time you visit Yellowstone!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed at the Moose Creek Inn 4 nights in May. The room is decorated like a cozy moutain cabin. Infact my entire stay felt like a mountain retreat. They have cofee and breakfast goodies in the moring but I did not have any as I was in Yellowstone at the break of dawn. Dan and Brenna Maurer are gracious hospitable onwer/hosts and I found them to be delightful people concerned about the quality of my stay. The Inn is located two blocks from downtown restaurants and shopping, easy walking if you like. The bathroom is a little small for a big guy like me but adds to the charm of the mountain cabin feel. I would stay there again in a heart beat. Having explored all of West Yellowstone, I feel Moose Creek Inn was the best value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I am grad student and booked this hotel as I was driving into town because it was the most affordable available. I was shocked at how clean, well decorated, and charming the room was when I checked in. It was decorated with pine post beds and pine paneling which gave a cabin-type feel and fit the local setting. The bathroom was clean and comfortable. The whole place was beautiful. This place is much better than your standard chain hotels. I had a pleasant stay and will definitely stay here the next time I pass through the area. Still can't believe how cute, clean, and charming it was for what I paid. A steal!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Quiet family owned motel 2 blocks from the main business area of West Yellowstone. Room with a king bed is small, but appeared to be recently renovated. Knotty pine lamp tables and work desk. Room has a small HD TV, refrig, microwave, coffee pot, and king bed. Wi-Fi was fast and reliable, but my room was right above the office. Bathroom is small and also renovated. One complaint was the shower water went from hot to cold, several times during a shower. Bathroom only had a shower stall, no tub.
Staff is very friendly and helpful with restaurant information. Motel does not serve continental breakfast.
The "Mexican Bus" on Canyon Street is a very good choice for Mexican Food. The Running Bear Pancake House is very good for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights here and well located within walking distance to everything.
Comfortable cabin with 1 double bed in the main part of cabin with small kitchen, sofa, small dining table and 3 chairs.The other double bed is through a door and the through to a small bathroom with shower & toilet.
Helpful staff with town
information. Laundromat is
across the street behind garage.

• Stayed: May 2013