“2 blocks from my hotel!”
Review of Old Town Cafe

Old Town Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 24 July 2014

While staying in West Yellowstone, my hotel proprietor suggested this local
restaurant. It was a quick walk, so stopped in for a quick dinner,
but the tables were all taken, so sat at the bar. The buffalo burger was delicious.
Nothing special, just quaint, local, with good service, and good food!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I shared the T-bone steak with my son and it was excellent! Montana beef, comparable to a steak in a good steakhouse. It came with some buttered toast, green beans and a baked potato (you can have fries or mashed potatoes if you like). The beans were more cooked than I like them but the potato was great!

The steak was so good we came the next day again. Now I kept my T-bone for myself, my son had a sirloin, and my wife a ribeye. Again, all steaks were really good! The 16oz T-bone was too much for me but made a very serviceable lunch the next day.

The decor is pretty simple and the restaurant was trying to cope with a sudden influx of Chinese, so service was not always top (we had to remind them that we actually had ordered drinks).

This would be an average diner-style restaurant weren't it for the really nice steaks.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great place to end our day after a day of hiking in the Yellowstone park! The buffalo burgers were great. Service was quick and they were very accommodating to our party of seven.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had dinner at the Old Town Cafe. The food was good and the service was excellent. The waiter was very helpful and gave good suggestions. I felt the food was good value. I would definately come here again if ever in the area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

After eating at the Slippery Otter the night before, we thought we would venture to other parts of the downtown area. We came across the Old Town Cafe. They have a pretty good variety on their menu, burgers, steaks, buffalo steaks, salads and sandwiches. Their breakfast menu looked great as well (country style food). I started off with a cup of homemade ham and bean soup. It was delicious. My wife had a dinner salad (typical dinner salad). My wife wife had a burger and fries. The fries were freshly cut (still had the skin on and were frankly, some of the best fries she has ever had). I took our waitresses recommendation and had the hot turkey sandwich. They oven roast the turkey on site, then hand shred the turkey. They had real mashed potatoes and the gravy was made from scratch. It was a huge portion and it was the best hot turkey sandwich that I have ever had. i would highly recommend it. the Hot beef sandwich looked good as well (the people at the table next to us were raving about it as well). This is not the fanciest of places, but it has an all wood interior, the prices for the sandwiches are reasonable (steaks and buffalo were in the $ 20.00-$ 30.00 range which is typical of the area). They have a full bar and those prices seemed very reasonable as well. If you are in West Yellowstone and need a good, comforting meal, I would not hesitate to eat here.