“Nice Soup and Salad Bar”
Review of Outpost Restaurant

Outpost Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ate here two out of five days. The first night I had the beef manhattan and it was excellent. It came with the salad bar and the portion was so large I couldn't come close to finishing it. The next night I only ordered the salad bar. Fresh ingredients, homemade soup (the clam chowder was the best I have ever had) and don't miss the chicken salad! Finished off dinner both nights with a dish a huckleberry ice cream. I only wish we had this restaurant at home. Also a very good value for the area as the soup/salad bar is only ten dollars.

There are newer reviews for Outpost Restaurant

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We both ordered the special, spaghetti with meat sauce. It was okay. The waitress was attentive and the restaurant was clean. In all fairness the town didn't seem to have a lot of great restaurants, not for a foodie. Everything was fast food or home style cooking.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We ate here our first night in Yellowstone. The food was very good. My 9 year old son had the roast beef and gravy over bread with mashed potatoes. He thought it was the best meal he had the whole trip! I had the beef stew. It was also very good. The service was great and we didn't have to wait long for our food at all. We would come again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in West Yellowstone and really enjoyed it both times. Everything tasted fresh and homemade. I particularly enjoyed the beef stew. The apple pie tastes like grandma made it!! Yum!! The service was fast and friendly. Great choice for any time of day!!

1  Thank Bstrider
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We ordered the special for dinner, meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots and a roll, it was delicious. We will eat there again when back in West Yellowstone.