“No complaints!!”

The Branch Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Westward expansion brought rail travel and ranches to the Continental Divide, where cowboys (and today’s national park visitors) could live the dream of a horizon-free lifestyle. Inspired by the natural beauty of Yellowstone, the Branch Restaurant celebrates “Open Range Cuisine” where beef and game dishes are infused with local flavor and enjoyed with a selection of regional microbrews and hand-crafted premium cocktails. A selection of tasty vegetarian and gluten-free options are available.The restaurant boasts casual attire, seats on a first-come-first-served basis and does not accept reservations. Children's menus and box lunches are available. The Branch Restaurant & Bar is the ideal locale to enjoy a delicious dinner while recounting the day's exploration of Yellowstone National Park.Open daily, year-round.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I'm happy to report that I did not experience any of the negatives that others have reported. The service was outstanding. I found the menu to be creative and localized. Not your typical pizza, burger and fries! The restaurant was very clean and a fun décor. I went back twice because I enjoyed it so much ..and ate the same thing. The chicken Caesar salad. I ordered the small which was a generous portion. The chicken was warm, greens not over dressed and well presented. The waiter was very attentive and checked back several times to see if I needed anything. I would go back again and I can't say that about many restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Food and service was outstanding. Best dinner in West Yellowstone and Bozeman. Bozeman restaurants should take notice of there menu, it's what Bozeman is lacking... Game! My family and I had the fried Quail with homemade mac and cheese with collards, elk shank osco busco and bison stroganoff. Beautifully done, would drive from Bozeman to eat there again. This is definitely something diners from out of town are looking for when they come to Montana including the locals.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Before I start any analysis on the restaurant, I would like to give you a quick heads up. Half Caesar vs full Caesar? Same thing, different bowl. When pointed out to the manager, she immediately agreed and brought out extra lettuce, followed by sincere apologies.

The first indicator of a bad stay was the wait, which was from 6:42 (time at which we ordered food), to 7:45, an absolutely inexcusable wait time. There were no apologies from the kind manager on the wait time, as it seemed to be a standard!

The roasted veggie sandwich had far too much pesto and was soggy on one side, a sign of sitting out with the juices soaking in, as well as a poor job of grilling it.

They seem to run out of food often, judging from the reviews and our personal experience. During our experience it was the steak and the shrimp, however many here have reported other meals being unavailable.

Do not recommend this place at any point in time, everywhere else is better.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Our first visit to the Branch(Oct 24)...had lunch. My husband had the 3 wild game sausages(pheasant, elk, & buffalo) with a plum dipping sauce. They were so delicious with the seasonal beer the server recommended! I had the BLT with smoked trout -spread with a horseradish mayo -so good I aimed to come back for dinner and order a smoked trout Caesar salad! We were there during the off season-a very attentive server.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The restaurant was a great find. They had excellent food at a reasonable price. The waiter was exceptional in that he was very intuitive. He brought refills on drinks without prompting, kept our kids entertained, offered suggestions on the menu and engaged our group. There is also a set of neat refurbished train cars built into the restaurant.