“Yum, yum, yum!”

Running Bear Pancake House
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family Friendly Full service restaurant serving breakfast all day. Homemade pies, muffins, cinnamon rolls, quick breads. Espresso drinks available, Box Lunches available. Breakfast 6:00am to 2:00pm Lunch 11:00am to 2:00pm
“Yum, yum, yum!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We are lucky enough to visit The Park and West Yellowstone every year or so and since we found the Running Bear restaurant we've eaten here every visit. We have only eaten breakfast here, but goodness, what choices! 6+ types of French, more types of pancakes, anything you could ever want done to an egg! The interior is simple, the people friendly.

Our last visit we had an order of plain French toast and a ham and cheese omelet that came with potatoes and toast. Everything was hot and fresh and the prices were great for all that you get. If you like hot cocoa try a new type, I had it with cinnamon. It was delicious! Our server was very pleasant, good at keeping our drinks full too. We ordered some banana bread to take with us. A perfect midmorning snack and they even included some butter and little knife.

More telling than my review, the restaurant is always full of locals. Several years ago they added on another room, they are that busy. This trip we did have to wait for a table but only about 5 minutes. Even if you face a wait, do it, you'll be pleased no matter what you order. The Running Bear Crew has figured out that it's all in the details, the food, the smiles and they have it all down perfectly.

• Visited May 2014

Palm Desert, CA
“A Very Good Breakfast”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We ate a 6:30 AM breakfast here twice and both times it was very good. The hostess and wait staff were very friendly. Coffee mug was kept full and the food was prepared well and was plentiful. Will come back!

Visited May 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Good breakfast choice in West Yellowstone”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you are up and wanting to get to the park, the Running Bear Pancake House is a good choice. The service is prompt and the wait staff was attentive - keeping the coffee filled, etc.

We found the food to be quite good and the prices reasonable.

We also ate dinner here the evening before. They are just in the process of starting up with dinner and we found the meal to be reasonably good.

• Visited May 2014
Walkertown
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Food is great. I had the meatloaf, eggs, and hashbrowns for breakfast! Yes, I said MEATLOAF FOR BREAKFAST! Great place for groups and families. I've been there with a group of 27 and a group of 9. No problems. Enjoy this place.

Visited May 2014
“Hmmm”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am a local and yesterday for lunch we ordered from here and had it delivered to my work. The woman who took my order was new and could barely speak English, I had to repeat myself multiple times before she got it right. She was the same woman who delivered the food and she had to call my work just to have me walk her through how to get there. When she finally arrived, I tried my food and it was okay, very ordinary. My boyfriend was eating with me and I ordered him the southwest chicken sandwich. When he took the first bite, he knew right away something wasn't right with it. Upon closer inspection he saw the cheese still had the paper divider on it! He pulled it off and finished the sandwich, but I called to let them know what had happened, and they were very prompt in helping me out. They returned the money for the chicken sandwich, and apologized many times throughout the phone call. Everything was okay in the end, but I probably won't go again.

• Visited June 2014