“I was going to say it wasn't that bad”
Review of Traveler's Lodge

Traveler's Lodge
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We showed up in the evening with no plans, figuring the tourist season was over, and this was the only place available. The staff was very nice and friendly. But even though we stayed for two nights, we took our valuables with us because the place looked like it might be demolished at any time. The heater only had two settings: too hot or off. I woke up chilled the first morning, and decided I didn't want to go into the park cold and wet, so I skipped showering. In some ways, I am glad I did: when I showered the second morning before we checked out, I discovered that my freshly-washed feet were filthy from walking along the carpet. If I had found that the first morning, we would have wasted precious park time looking for other accomodations.

1  Thank MurrayDelph

Reviewed 6 October 2012

The staff was very friendly and we were warm and dry for the night, much better than sleeping in the car. The bedding was clean as were the towels. The over all state of the room was poor. The room was very run down and hasn't been maintained well. But we were close to the park for our excursion back in the next day. The rates $119.00 (131.00 with tax). Would I recommend this to others... well... we were fine and slept well but defiantly NOT the Ritz.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank thesweetlittlebird
Reviewed 3 October 2012

... but we are travelling on the fly. The carpet was dirty. An electrical outlet was hanging out of the wall. Luckily it didn't work. The hanging shelf fell off the wall when we tried to put two helmets on it. My guess is just about anywhere else is better. We are on day 7 of a 2 week trip, and this is by far the worst place, and ironically, the most expensive. Oe more thing, the heater will keep you awake all night.

Room Tip: The best rooms are somewhere else.
1  Thank MadDog25
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The door was hard to open, the carpet was filthy, the lights in the bathroom were burned out and they would not change them or give a refund. I had my dog with me and I didn't even want her on that nasty carpet! I couldn't tell if the bathroom was clean or not since I couldn't see it which was scary. This place was very poorly maintained and I would not recommend it to anyone!
Way to over priced!

1  Thank Sailorandme
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed 1 night on in this place and it took us 10 minute to get in the door due to the lock being stuffed. Paid an extra $20 because we booked a couple of days in advance to another couple that just turned up. Dirty bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil H
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We were travelling without a schedule and this was the only place available. It was dirty, my socks turned brown from the carpet and there was a heavy perfume smell to the room that made us wonder what it was covering up.
The general condition of the facility could be described as "well worn/not maintained." I recognize that this was the end of the season yet I've worked in facility maintenance and the wear & tear was not from just this year.
The couple we were travelling with had to try two rooms before they found one that was acceptable. The frist was still occupied & the second had no heat or electric.
Sleep in your car before booking this.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pwberndt
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed 5 nights here in Sept. while photographing Yellowstone. The hotel is old and in need of repair. The dead bolt on the door didn't work and the window screens were torn and falling off. There is no WiFi even though they said they had it in the lobby, but they were working on it. On the plus side the room service was good. There are plenty of places to stay in West Yellowstone, only stay here if it's the only place left.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the first floor. They were the ones that seemed to have more room and fridge and micr...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business