“Overall good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Overall good”
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Liked the two rooms for the two beds and great breakfast deal. Location also very good. Only downside is the room slightly smelled of mildew and you cant open the window to let in fresh air. I think the rooms in the lodge would be better. We were in rooms not connected to the lodge.I

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
N Idaho
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We spent 2 nights in June in the older, motel part of the lodge, room was so nice, and a good size. The beds and towels were fabulous. It was quiet and walking distance to all sorts of restaurants and shops. Went to the attached lounge and played video poker, we were the only ones there, bartender not super friendly but ok. Used the hot tub, was nice and clean. No problems w/ WiFi. Lots of parking right outside our door. Did not eat in restaurant. I would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My kids and I booked 5 nights at the property. We arrived and upon checking in (which was fast) found our room to have a foul smell. We aired out the room and didn't complain. The next day, I went to the restaurant using their vouchers. The service was very slow (and they weren't busy) and several times I had to get up to get refills for our tea. Note that there are no refills on soda so stay away if your kids are thirsty! The food arrived and while mine was good, my daughter's chocolate chip pancakes were missing choc chips and were runny on the inside. The waiter's solution - bring her a bowl of choc chips. From my perspective, this was strike two. The next day we wanted to get towels for swimming. We were told the pool was closed (this at 10 in the morning) which made the kids unhappy. I then said no problem, let me have 4 towels and we'll swim in the boiling river in Yellowstone. They refused to provide us towels which is such a poor customer service since I merely had to take the towels from my room to use instead. I mentioned that and asked a manager call me. No manager ever called me. The next day, I asked why hadn't a manager called me and the clerk said no record of my request was made but she would put a note in the system for a manager to call me. Never happened. As a result, we elected to end our stay two days early and head to Jackson WY. My recommendation is to stay away from this property as they are not responsive, have poor customer service and arbitrarily open/close the pool. I would also not visit the restaurant due to service and food quality issues. I'm not a complaining and it took 3 bad experiences to make me speak up. Be warned. There are many hotels and food places in town. This one should not be on your list.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tesmith8
Travis W, General Manager at Three Bear Lodge, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Mr. Smith,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we always like the positive ones, we appreciate all reviews and take them seriously.
Our restaurant is managed separately, so I will refer your comments to them and let them comment and decide what changes they should look at.
For the lodge, I am sorry you had such a bad experience. We strive to provide the cleanest rooms and best customer service that we can. I am aware of your stay and concerns. Please know that I personally attempted to make contact with you at your room, as well as calling both phone numbers you had on your reservation and I called the room multiple times. I left you a message with my personal cell phone. With this being your vacation, I did not expect to be able to find you at all hours. I also am not sure what change I could have made for you, but please know that I did try to make contact with you and speak with you directly. This is important to me, as I am sure it is for you.
We are required by law to close the pool under certain weather conditions (lightning within 30 minutes, etc) and while I would rather not have our towels taken from the property, the desk staff should not have refused this request. I have already spoken to them about this and have given them instructions for the future.
I hope that despite your concerns with us, that you had a great visit to Yellowstone.
Thanks again for taking the time to comment and show that you care. We can only improve when we know what is needed.
Travis Watt
Calabash, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in this motel for 2 nights while visiting Yellowstone Park. The room was very dark but seemed clean. The price seemed high for the room. We had a lot of trouble getting Internet service (and keeping the service once we were online). I would consider this an average place to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We travelled from Scotland to see Yellowstone National Park and chose the Three Bears Lodge in West Yellowstone. We were delighted to discover that it was so close to the park entrance and only took us minutes to get into the park each morning.

The Lodge itself was very attractive and we chose a suite with a balcony. The room was very spacious and clean with a sink area in the main room as well as a full bathroom - which is handy with 3 adults sharing.

The two beds were made from wood recovered from the lodge after a fire nearly destroyed it and each is original and very attractive. We had a separate area with another bed but it had very little natural light and no separate air conditioning so we didn't use it.

We also had a large balcony which looked out over the street but it was quiet and nice to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air at the beginning and end of each day.

Breakfast is in the Three Bears Restaurant next door to the motel rooms and coupons with money off are given to you on checking in. We ate there every morning and highly recommend the food and service.

A great choice for visiting the park, with good clean accommodation in a historic and attractive lodge.

Only slight negative would be the noisy air con and the separate bed area was dark and stuffy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

From check-in to departure the staff was friendly and responsive. The room was clean and a very good value for the price.

I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is dark and rustic but the staff is friendly and the rooms in the hotel section are comfortable. We enjoyed being able to walk to restaurants and plays at night and a short drive to Yellowstone park. Definitely a better bargain than the park hotels.

• Stayed July 2012