Stayed in a two room suite in the "newer" section. Comfortable, clean room. Housekeeping was generous with towels, soaps, lotions and shampoos. Very SLOW WiFi with outdated log-in page. Location is within walking distance of many West Yellowstone shops and restaurants and very close to the entrance of Yellowstone National Park. The restaurant associated with Three Bear Lodge served a very good breakfast (a $2 discount coupon for each hotel night stay, for each guest was provided by the front desk) and the restaurant staff (Karen) was exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Most of the people that I've encountered in the Yellowstone National Park area service industry this past week have been very to exceptionally friendly and helpful (4-5 out of five). The front desk staff at Three Bear Lodge was not unfriendly, but not exceptionally warm.
When we arrived, Three Bear Lodge was just preparing for summer tourist season. The pool was empty and the hot tubs were clean but way too hot (felt like hotter than 110 degrees F). When I spoke with the front desk about it, they said that the hot tubs were normally set at 104 F but that no one was available to check or make an adjustment until the next day. When I checked back the next afternoon, I was informed that the temperature had been reset to 102 F. The hot tub was a lot more comfortable from that point on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge constructed in 2009 and the Motel rooms remodeled in 2011. From the moment you approach this impressive Lodge, you will realize it is no ordinary hotel. From the massive volcanic rock, log, and beam exterior, through the dramatic lobby and reclaimed materials in the common areas — you will know you are in for a unique experience. As you open the door to your spacious and comfortable room you will be enraptured by the handmade furniture crafted with reclaimed wood from the original 1932 building.Outdoor swimming pool is open during the summer months. Be sure to stop next door and experience our famous Three Bear Restaurant for breakfast and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Three Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Bear Lodge
- Three Bear Hotel West Yellowstone
- Three Bear West Yellowstone
- Three Bear Lodge West Yellowstone, Montana