“Good, Clean Camping Near West Yellowstone”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Madison Arm Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Madison Arm Resort
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good, Clean Camping Near West Yellowstone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

When looking for a tent camping site, I choose this resort over others, as it was only about 8 miles from the town of Yellowstone, the gateway to the national park. About 5 miles of this distance is the winding road that gets you into the campground from the main highway. It takes a few minutes, and a little dusty, but not a bad trip. The folks there are nice and helpful, and there is WiFi and a shared internet computer at the office. There is a laundry room to wash and dry your clothes, and the shower stalls and bathrooms are clean. For all the people using the services, I hardly ever had a wait to use any facilities. If I'd had time, would have rented a boat to take out on the beautiful lake.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

Campground itself is nice but a lot of dirt at the sites. Road that leads to campground is 5 miles of washboard and dust! Nearly an impassible road! Had a flat tire and camper and vehicle were full of dirt by the time we arrived. Would not recommend staying at this campground due to this!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Minnesota9

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at Madison Arm. Our daughter and grandsons joined us the last two nights. We love this place. The staff is super friendly and anxious to please. The fishing was good. It was quiet and our grandsons had a wonderful time. Of course, we had campfires and roasted marshmallows. Where else than Madison Arm are you invited to evening gatherings by the guests who come for long periods of time and know each other.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Arrived early to our destination. KOA could not fit us in. Found Madison arm and was the best find of our vacation. Canceled the KOA circus and stayed 3 nights. Road in was rough but worth the journey. 4 times in and out but last time we saw more animal then in Yellowstone up close.

• Stayed July 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My teenage sons and I spent an incredible week at Madison Arm Resort this June with my sister and her family! Waking up to such breathtaking sights each morning was just amazing... The kids and I loved our time on Lake Hebgen boating, kayaking and canoeing, just as much as we loved our nightly camp fires with friends . My sister raved about the beauty of Madison Arm for almost 20 years and our recent visit there just proved her right!

The accommodations and amenities were fantastic! The cleanliness of the cottage, facilities and camp grounds were beyond my expectations. The Wi-fi on the back patio of the General Store and laundry room by the office were great! The resort is beautifully tucked away in a quiet spot in West Yellowstone for that peaceful tranquility feeling and yet just minutes away from town for those moments when we just felt like dinning out. The only thing that topped the beauty of Madison Arm are the people of Madison Arm. The sheer friendliness and camaraderie of all the staff members was just astonishing. My deep-felt thanks to Shigeko, Jim, Ed, Terry and the rest of the crew for making this trip so memorable for me and my boys!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We ( me, my wife and three daughters) spent 5 days at Madison Arm Resort the last week of June. We had tent site 15 and it was perfect. It was situated in the forest and there was nobody next to us. We were playing cards one night and a bison walked right by us. That was a neat experience. The staff was very friendly and helped us blow up our air matresses and were very helpful if we needed anything. The lake is beautiful! We rented the 4 person paddle boat and had a blast. It is nice because it is 5 and half miles of the main road that goes into West Yellowstone. It is very peaceful. The road is a dirt road and a little washboardy but worth it. The shower facilities and bathrooms were always kept clean! They are small but what do you expect when you are camping. We did our own cooking with a camp stove and they have nice dish washing stations to wash your dishes. For a great family camping experience, this is the place to stay while visting Yellowstone. It was nice to be away from the crowds but still be close enough to visit Yellowstone.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We (me, my wife and two daughters) spent a week at Madison Arm Resort in the first week of June. I had thoroughly researched the resort before going and it was just what we were looking for as our home away from home while visiting Yellowstone National Park. We did not want to be in a hotel or in town and were looking for somewhere that was relaxing and away from it all for our evenings. This was that place, you had to drive 5 miles down a dirt road to get there but it was worth it.

I would first like to say that the people here are some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever met. It did not matter what they were doing or how many people they were already dealing with they always stopped to say hello and made you feel at home.

Just for reference we stayed in cabin #2. I hope that my comments below will not be misinterpreted, we thoroughly enjoyed or stay here but I feel I should be honest about my review. The cabin is rustic with an amazing view of the lake. If you are looking for something new or modern this is not the cabin for you. The cabin was a little chilly in the mornings since it was around 34 degrees every morning, yes they have electric heaters but they could use some updating. The cabins are clean and have everything you could need for your stay. We enjoyed having a kitchen to cook meals in and a bathroom with amazing water pressure and hot water for showers. The loft is perfect for kids (ours are 8 and 12) I would not recommend more than 2 kids up here the area is small. There is a small TV with 4 channels but this was not a big deal for us. They have a nice cement patio out front with a picnic table, gas grill and fire pit.

They have Wi-Fi and the office and I always had a strong signal. I had cell phone service (verizon) but my wife did not (sprint). They have laundry room right on the premises which we found very helpful. They also have a small store where you can find some necessities as well as rent canoes paddle boats or kayaks.

Overall if you are looking for somewhere that will allow you to get away from the crowds of Yellowstone and still be close enough to be in the park within 10 minutes this is the perfect place to stay. The sunrises and sunsets are amazing on the lake. In the afternoons and evenings my daughters enjoyed being able to explore the area or go fishing. If you want something newer they do have 2 cottages that are more modern and up to date, they have a slightly different layout but are very nice. I would recommend this place to someone visiting Yellowstone. If you are looking for 5 stars this is not it, if you are looking for to enjoy nature, be away from the crowds and relax, and want to meet a friendly bunch of people this is your place.

Thank you to everyone at Madison Arm Resort we really enjoyed our stay!

4 Thank jeffrey w
#14 of 36 in West Yellowstone
The Drift Lodge
The Drift Lodge
#10 of 12 in Island Park

Been to Madison Arm Resort? Share your experiences!