“It's a place to sleep.”

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Centreville, Virginia
“It's a place to sleep.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in a room that was supposed to have a queen and a double. Both were the same size. But it wasn't a big deal.
Lobby was a little confusing to find at first since it was moved around the corner for construction.
Rooms were clean and had adorable linens.
One bed was broken and we didn't realized it until morning, so my friends were a bit sore from an uncomfortable night.
We were able to enjoy an evening of hearing music from the park nearby. But you'll also hear the chainsaw from the chainsaw-art area if you're there during the day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrea B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My parents brought me to Hadley's back in the 60s. I started bringing my kids 15 years ago. I wouldn't stay any where else in West Yellowstone, it is always very clean. They now have rooms to fit all needs. Some of their rooms rival the Hilton, others give you the rustic log cabin experience that my kids love! These are real log cabins, older than your grandpa but updated with all the modern conveniences. We sat on the front porch of our cabin and watched the Fourth of July Fireworks. Right next to the forest but close enough to walk downtown to find a good restaurant. David & May Ann's hospitality topped it all off for a great Yellowstone experience! So mash yourself into a Best Western or enjoy a real Yellowstone experience at Hadley's Motel. We can't wait to come back! :o)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Barry B
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Don't let the outside fool you. The room are modern, clean and up to date. No air conditioning but this is Yellowstone, gwets down into the 30's and 40's at night. We had to use the heat almost ever night. Dave and his wife were perfect host and I can tell you we'll never spend $150.00 a night for a motel in West Yellowstone when for under $100.00 Hadley's has a room for us. Two blocks from the main drag and shops but far enough away it was very quite.

Room Tip: Love the Cabin
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank charles s
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Everyone in W Yellowstone was making this a tourist trap at the time, so Hadley's probably wasn't too bad. Still, no air-condition, no ice - that usually goes for about a third the price elsewhere. Room was clean. Location is good. The 2 stars are mainly for the value, for a decent price it would have gotten 3.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Clinton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I was excited to visit Yellowstone for the first time. My husband and I planned a week end trip with three other couples. We planned to stay at Hadley's two nights and tour beautiful Yellowstone on motorcycles. Our stay at Hadley's motel fit very well in the ambiance that we experienced in the park. We loved the cabin that we stayed in. The bed was comfortable, it was very clean. We were glad to have a fridge, but didn't use the microwave. They have free wi-fy which was very nice because we did use our cell phones and I-pads. The owners couldn't have been more accommodating! We appreciated to pay a price that was not out rageous! I would highly recommend Hadley motel and cabins for an experience that fits very well with a trip to the Beautiful mountains, geysers, wildlife and scenery of West Yellowstone!

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in a room with a queen bed. It was small, but we didn't spend a lot of...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Camille S
Agana, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

Room was clean. Stayed in big Cabin with Kitchen, problem was when reservations were made they forgot to mention that they no longer had utensils in the room for cooking. It appears they installed new window but did a horrible job sealing for drafts. They also never mentioned the fact that they shut off the hot water heater a few times a day.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

There are lots of negative reviews for this property but my experience has been very good.

I arrived and not expecting much, just a basic bed and bathroom. I was surprised to find out that the room has:
- minibar
- microwave
- TV with satellite programming
- wifi on the property

Have to warn people that this is not a Four Seasons. No elaborate decor to speak of, the room is built of whitewashed cinder block, and no air conditioning. To cool the room, I open the window. The room does have a heater. And yes - the bathroom is small, but surprisingly enough, the decor and styling in the bathroom is much newer than the room itself .... maybe a recent renovation?

I am the type of traveler who goes out the room at 5am in the morning to catch some wildlife, do hikes afterwards, and coming back to the property post sundown to rest. All I need when I get back is a clean bathroom and a bed to sleep in so I can repeat the cycle all over again - and this place provides those.

Pros:
Very affordable
Good room amenities - the minibar is handy to cool water for hikes, the microwave is handy to reheat take out food

Cons:
Room is a bit of the small side
No decor to speak of