“Take the drive....It's worth it!”
Review of Lakeside Lookout Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Lakeside Lookout Bar & Grille
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lakeside Lookout is a short scenic drive north of West Yellowstone, MT. Enjoy great views of Hebgen Lake while sipping on your favorite cocktail or enjoying your dinner. We also offer a FREE shuttle service by calling. All we need is your desired time and location to be picked up from and we will return you to your hotel for FREE!!
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Not only is the view great, so is the food and service. We have been in the west Yellowstone area for vacation and came across this place. The food is very high quality, locally sourced as much as possible and served with kindness and care. We shared the Potato Nachos and would highly recommend them. My wife had the stuffed burger that looked great and both my teenage daughters where very pleased. Plus, they offer a dinner shuttle, which will pick up up and take you home. A great find and a must in the West Yellowstone area.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was an amazing find in the Hebgen Lake area!! My husband and I could not believe the quality of food and service. Usually one expects average service and average to a bit above on the food, but Lakeside Lookout was absolutely delicious!! We ordered the Halibut and Special & were more than pleasantly surprised!! The restaurant overlooks the lake and there are games to play while enjoying the view, like horseshoes. We will definitely make this a stop next time we visit the Hebgen Lake/West Yellowstone area!!

1  Thank CasnKod
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Discovered this hidden treasure last Sunday. The food was fresh and delicious, the staff was friendly, the restaurant was clean. And the view, oh my goodness, the view. Our table was right in front of a window overlooking the lake and mountains. All around Fantastic.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Based on good reviews on TripAdvisor we gave this a try while vacationing in Yellowstone and staying in West Yellowstone.

They offer higher quality food that looked pretty good. This isn't bar food, rather high quality, freshly prepared meals some of which were a bit unique. The entrees were a bit pricier then we were looking to spend.( Not that they weren't worth it, we were just looking to stay under $30 for 2 adults and a child.) So we stuck with sandwiches.

My wife's hamburger was way better then average and the homemade fries were nice. I had a chickpea based veggieburger that was also pleasant along with nice homemade coleslaw.

They did have a small kids menu, sandwiches were ~ $8-12, entrees started at ~$14

Peeking at our neighbors entree's, they looked remarkable.

They only opened about a month before our visit, late May 2014

We did have some issues, we had to return two pitchers of water because of floaties, also the atmosphere in the dining room didn't match the quality of food. Honestly, with these making up our first impression, only good food would have left us with a positive impression and in this category, Lakeside Lookout delivered.

If you're in west Yellowstone and looking for some good food, consider taking the short drive north to Lakeside Lookout. Don't judge the book by it's cover, let the food do the talking.

1  Thank vgbp
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Last evening my husband and I decided to try Lakeside Lookout for a little belated anniversary celebration. We live in the West Yellowstone area during the summer and are always looking for a signature place. We have spent many years driving to Henry's Fork Lodge for special evenings but the new Lakeside Lookout beats the former by a mile. Nika was our server and she was both enjoyable to talk to and great at doing her job. We started our evening with the Soup of the Day. It was Rosemary Infused Mushroom and it was delicious. We tried to treasure each bite. Then it was on to Halibut and Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. I love halibut but hesitate to order it because it is always overcooked. Not this evening!! It came with a wonderful risotto and carrot fries. I know -- the latter sounds weird but they were SO, SO good. My husband's Pork was every bit as good as my Halibut. We were so full that we almost skipped dessert until we learned they were serving three different flavored Crème Brulees -- the usual with both huckleberry and chocolate in three little dishes. They were outstanding. I could continue to sing the praises of Lakeside Lookout Bar and Grille but I'll just end with suggesting that you make the trip to this new dining spot. You won't be disappointed!!!!

1  Thank Barbara C