“Enjoyed our stay at yellowstone village”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Yellowstone Village Condominiums
Reviewed 18 June 2008

After reading the favorable review on trip advisor, I,too, booked a condominium at Yellowstone village. It was a good choice for us.
We are a family of two adults and two children. We were very comfortable at this place. It is located about 10 miles outside of West Yellowstone (5 miles north to Rainbow point road, and then another 5 miles out to the property)-- which is my only quibble with this property, because you spend such a large amount of your time at Yellowstone driving around. Otherwise, as the reviewer describes, it is indeed a very clean facility (I am very picky, as well). We stayed in a spacious one-bedroom unit at Grey Wulff. The living room had a sofa bed for the kids--its was nice to be able to get a little more space compared to the trip to yellowstone. The decor was from the 70s, but was very neutral and acceptable. The kitchen was well equiped with everything including fairly decent pots and pans, full sized refridgerator, microwave, oven. They even provided salt and pepper-- and steak knives! There was a (very nice) fireplace and you could purchase wood for $5 (this would cover every fire you have during your stay). The laundry was free and they even provided detergent (Tide) and softener. There was an outdoor swimming pool which was not available (it was snowing in Yellowstone during our stay) and a hot tub (it was a little dark in there) located in a separate hut. The woman at the front desk is there during standard business hours. There is no wireless internet connection from the condominium , nor are there phones--but then you are supposed to leave those things behind you when you go to a national park! I would recommend this as a good place for families to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank mchattoraj

Reviewed 22 August 2007

My husband and I just returned from 10 days in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. We stayed at Yellowstone Village Condominiums near Hebgen Lake located in West Yellowstone 5 miles north of the town center. I could not find any reviews before we went so I wanted to share our experience.
Yellowstone Village consists of a few houses and buildings with either 1,2 or 3 bedroom units. The location is in a quiet private development in a meadowed area surrounded by mountains on 3 sides. It is a serene and relaxing place and is about 10 minutes from the West Yellowstone National Park entrance.
We stayed in the Gray Wulff building with 1 bedroom. The facilities are 1970ish style furnishings and are a little worn. However, the rooms are extremely clean, spacious, with a large bedroom, living room with fireplace and kitchen. The kitchen has full appliances including microwave, large fridge, oven, stove, and utensils. There were washers and dryers available. The bed was a double size and was a little on the hard side, but I slept quite comfortably. This is not a hotel as I am normally used to, but I am picky and had no problem staying here - it depends what you are looking for.
Don't expect daily service - this is like renting a house for the week - it comes well stocked with clean linens, towels, soap, etc... but you take care of your food, trash, laundry, dishes, etc... during your stay. The cleaning woman and maintenance man are wonderful people who are onsite 7x24 for any needs. They are friendly and helpful.
There is a pool and tennis courts however I did not use them. My favorite thing was seeing a coyote run down the path next to the house in the early morning.
I felt that staying at a location close to the park was well worth it since you do enough driving in the park itself and don't want to spend another hour after exiting to reach your lodging.
You can see more information at their website: http://www.wyellowstone.com/yellowstonevil/yellowst.htm

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family