“Horrible front office staff”

Yellowstone Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Got there and they had a tour group unloading........ then at 235 am someone tried to get in our room my husband told whoever was trying to get in it was occupied....tried to call front desk...... we had the extra lock on.....thank goodness...needless to say we did not sleep the rest of night! When we went to check out in the early am informed the girl at the desk and she started giggling and stated oh we did not think anybody was in that room ! No apology! So thatt is probaly why no one answered at the front desk they were trying to get in our room.......Would never reccomend someone styaing there! Scary

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Yell_Park, Director of Sales at Yellowstone Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2010

Words cannot describe how disturbing it is to hear of this experience. We desperately need to impart on our staff how simple mistakes can lead to traumatizing events. The fact that it was taken so lightly is even more unsettling. The hotel manager has investigated this incident; and staff members have been, and will be, held accountable for such occurrences.

Reviewed 24 July 2010

This hotel is literally two or three blocks out of the park. It is reasonably priced, and the rooms are spacious and clean. I recommend if you are leaving the park and going back in the following day if you are not staying in the park itself.

1  Thank Cap10K
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Made reservations by phone, based on AAA guide recommendation. Described as a "boutique hotel", but obviously the owner is mistaken as to what this actually means. This hotel is lacking much in charm, style and customer service. Arrived at hotel and presented CAA (AAA) card as I'd done for the past 20 nights during our month-long road trip through the U.S. Inexperienced and unhelpful night employee stated that he didn't know what a CAA (?) card was and that we would have to settle the account in the morning with the permanent staff. Approached morning staff (two women), explained the situation from the night before and again presented the card. They seemed ready for an argument and immediately refused to accept it, becoming rather indignant and rude, saying we'd have to take it up with the manager, who conveniently had the day off. On a Tuesday? What???? Left our phone number with the manager with predictably no response. Subsequently, we attempted to call several times over the next few days but no one answered the phone. Checked visa statement and was charged full price for the room. During the entire month of using exclusively AAA-rated hotels/motels this was the only negative experience.

1  Thank scourte

There has obviously been some confusion amongst the staff about when to honor AAA discounts. As a result of this and another review, a notice has recently been sent out reminding our management and staff that CAA and AAA are one and the same, and thus members of either are entitled to the same discount. In addition we invite the reviewer to contact us directly so we can correct the charges imposed. Regardless of any confusion regarding Automobile Association benefits, under no circumstances should any guest be treated in any manner that could be interpreted as rude. Behavior such as this from any staff member will not be tolerated; we will also follow up with hotel management as to why you were not contacted.

Reviewed 16 July 2010

the room was fine, but was not anything more special than a Best Western, and for $200 I was expecting something more I guess. The desk staff were the problem, as they would not accept our CAA membership (the guy working at check-in didn't believe us that CAA and AAA were the same thing....), and we were billed the full amount without being told. The next morning the desk staff were somewhat hostile about the whole situation, making it seem that it was somehow our fault; they told us that the only person authorized to make a refund wasn't in, and that I should call her. I told them that she could call me, thanks very much. At any rate, still haven't heard from anyone there...

I would make it point to never stay at this place again, as I can't tolerate incompetent staff with attitude. I'm sure they don't treat the guests at the nearby Best Westerns like they do here....

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

It is obvious from this experience that we have some serious gaps in our guest service training. Rest assured that situations like this are being addressed and that members of our regional management team have read this review personally. Obviously, a CAA membership should have been honored, and if it is not too late, we would like to make that right should the reviewer wish to contact us. Our hotel management places a premium on guest satisfaction and we are at a loss as to why this occurred. We agree that even one rude staff member is unacceptable, and is not tolerated. We can only hope that the reviewer will accept our most sincere apologies for how they were treated; and for the delay in this response.

Reviewed 1 July 2010

Pretty good Hotel,Breakfastbar was good,Rooms Ok ,Pool was average

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I can't rate the motel, only their online reservation system. I was suppose to be staying here in August for 2 nights. I'd made a reservation through Galveston.com reservations back early May. I called the hotel directly today just to confirm my reservation. They did not have my reservation in the system. The room I'd reserved was no longer available. Of course they offered a different room at a significantly higher rate. No thanks. I called Galveston.com reservations to see if they could tell me what happened. They said they had faxed the reservation to the hotel. They offered to refax the reservation, but what good would that do if the room wasn't available. I've now made a reservation at Hebgen Lake Mountain Inn. I think the lost reservation may have been to my benefit. I think I'm going to like the Hebgen Lake Mountain Inn a lot better. If you make or have already made a reservation on line for the Yellowstone Park Hotel, I would suggest you call the hotel directly to reconfirm. It would be extremely upsetting to arrive and find out you do not have a reservation.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

great place, extensive breakfast with waffles and all the other usual stuff, very nice indoor pool, rooms were great, beds were very comfortable, satellite TV, free internet in lobby and free fax service. Very new hotel, friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family