“Great host & room”
Review of Alpine Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Alpine Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed at the Alpine Motel for 4 nights. Brian, the host, was very helpful and friendly, he let us borrow an ice box for three days! You can come to the lobby and have tea, coffe of hot chocolate throughout the day and Brian provides a little welcoming kit for everyone at arrival. The room was spacious and very clean. the bathroom was quite small but very clean as well. We slept great in the comfortable bed. The motel is located approximately 2 minutes away from the West entrance of Yellowstone Park and there are many restaurants in the direct area. We definately recommend this motel, we will certainly be back if we ever visit Yellowstone NP again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom L

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Brian and his wife are doing a great job in running this small affordable motel in West Yellowstone. They give good advice , trying to make their guests as happy as possible. The rooms are very clean . Compared to the outrageous prices which are common in West yellowstone, you make a very good deal at he Alpine Motel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night in September, 2011 and were thoroughly pleased with our accomodations, which were clean, comfortable, and quiet as well as being economical for this area. Brian and Patty went far more than the extra mile in being courteous, considerate hosts, and we thoroughly enjoyed visiting with them. They have a sincere knack for making their guests feel welcome, as a quick perusal of some of the other reviews will easily confirm. We would highly recommend this motel to all.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I selected this motel based upon Tripadvisor reviews, and was not disappointed. Brian and Patty are the resident owners.It is an old motel,with about eight to ten individual units facing a central driveway, with parallel parking in front of your room.Upon arrival, I was welcomed in the office by Patty, who gave me a small gift basket of promotional toothpaste, Craisin snacks, etc., and answered questions about restaurants and sights, then took me to my room and demonstrated the air conditioner. Very friendly.

The room was spotless, rather dark with wood panelling, but that is to be expected in older units. The price was $100, which is reasonable for West Yellowstone, as most of the "economy" chains, such as Holiday Inn Express, were close to $200. After all,it is a resort area with a short summer season.

I did appreciate Patty's recommendation of the Bar N Ranch for dinner;located six miles west of West Yellowstone on Highway 20, it was a real treat (see review).

My only problem with my room was that it was on the west side, with the kitchen of the next door restaurant directly behind ( I mean about ten feet behind). I had to endure late night rap music vibrating through the back wall from the kitchen staff of that restaurant. I would suggest avoiding the rooms next to the restaurant. But by comparison to most of the motels in town, which appear pretty grungy, I will go for clean anyday!!

Room Tip: avoid rooms backing on the neighboring restaurant (loud music at night).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We found this motel to be adequate for our needs but the rooms were very small. The owners were very hospitable and friendly and the prices very reasonable. Rooms were well maintained and very clean. So, everything considered, we had a pleasant stay. But, in my opinion, the Tripadvisor reviews were over the top too positive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DICKKEIM
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Folks all of the ratings are dead-on for the Alpine. We rarely stay at independents, but their rate of $90.00 for both of us was too hard to pass up with all of the majors in town all over $100.00+. I was warmly greeted by the owner and SHOWN THE ROOM, this hasn't happened since I can't remember when. He showed where everything was and how it worked, gave dining suggestions as well as other tips on the area. It is right downtown and with in walking distance of any place you would need to go. The room was spotless and everything worked perfectly. The bed was comfy with plenty of pillows. Our stay was the best of our 18 day trip. The only negative is the limited parking that is really tight and you may not get in front of your room if you come in late. But there is ample parking on the street in front of the motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 732MPD
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here in Aug 2011 for 7 days. We were in the upstairs kitchen unit (the largest unit in the place) for $175 (already includes tax). The next largest unit is 2 bedrooms w/out kitchen.

We LOVED it here. Brian and Patty (owners - they do eeeeverything on their own!) were super friendly, helpful and nice to talk to. Our phone wasn't working (on T-Mobile/AT&T) and he allowed us to use his landline to call home if we wanted. They also have a binder w/ the restaurant menus of the area and they can also give some great suggestions too.

Amenities were great - when you arrive, they give you a 'goodie bag' with toothpaste, razor and a few other things. At the lobby, Brian always offered us to take some tea bags, raisins, gum, etc. I know there was free WiFi and also Brian had movies available you can take from the lobby too.

As well, television was Satellite so there were PLENTY of channels to choose from too.

Cleanliness - the place was very, very clean! I never felt uncomfortable in the place and the beds were really comfortable, as were the pillows. Washroom was also spotless and the towels were soft and white.

Location - only about a 1minute drive to the West entrance so also very convenient and it is also pretty central for the town.

I know there are smaller units for a very good price - $75

I would recommend everyone who is going to West Yellowstone to check this place out as an option. Book early though...as w/ many places in Yellowstone, you want to look many months in advance (maybe even up to a year)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family