“A Motel Marvel!”
Review of Alpine Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Alpine Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is the spot to stay if you want to reconnect with your "motel state-of-mind." Just driving up to the office and seeing the row of tiny, immaculately maintained rooms tells you this is going to be good. Oh -- and the "No Vacancy" sign also tells you how popular it is. (This is one spot you want to reserve well in advance.) Besides being well priced, the Alpine Motel is run by a couple who really enjoy what they do and the people they meet. The rooms are attractive; the bathrooms are very clean (small, but so what?). Another fun bonus: Baskets of mini candy bars for any and all are always full in the lobby. When was the last time YOU had a fresh Tootsie Roll? I've added photos for you to see. If I ever come this way again, I'll be sure to reserve a room at this spot.

Room Tip: Any room that's available! We were in #7.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SWriter

Reviewed 23 May 2014

It bothers me that I did not write a review of the Alpine Motel after last year's stay in West Yellowstone. We are back again and again are staying at the Alpine Motel.

I visit Teton/Yellowstone every year. Last year was the first time my mom, sister, niece and brother-in-law joined me. We set up in the Alpine Motel kitchenette unit. We were treated so well, we made reservations for this year's trip last November. And the rates are better than we found anywhere else in town.

Again, we have been treated like we were the most appreciated customers out there. Actually, Brian and Patti have treated us more like distant relatives they wanted to see rather than as customers. After check-in, we were again walked to our rooms and given the full overview, including heater/AC and how to use the Satellite TV Remote. The rooms are very comfortable and so clean. From last year's trip, my mom couldn't stop talking about how soft the towels were. This year, my mom and Patti spent 10 minutes talking about how to get towels this soft. When my sister called asking about a cutting board, she didn't receive a less than helpful recording, but instead, Patti came to our room to show my sister exactly where to find everything she needed. She then shared photos on her phone of her daughter's skiing adventures. You don't feel like a faceless and nameless customer at the Alpine Motel. You will receive customer service and quality of lodging that you are just not used to and will quickly become as addicted as we are. I guarantee I will be making my reservations at the Alpine Motel for my 2015 trip as soon as reservations are accepted. Just yesterday, I cancelled another local reservation, knowing I would lose my deposit, to stay the rest of my portion of our trip at the Alpine Motel. It was worth it. Moving forward, I won't look anywhere else in West Yellowstone for my annual trips to Teton/Yellowstone than the Alpine Motel.

Do yourself a favor. Skip the chain motels and local motels. Call the Alpine Motel early for next year's visit to Yellowstone and book your room/rooms early. Just don't book so early that I can't get my reservation in for next year, please.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a nice room next to the street. It was small and a little noisy until 10PM but other than that wonderful. Clean as could be. The owners, Brian and Patsy go overboard to please. Price is right in this city where the lodgings need to make all their money in about 5 months. Highly recommended but reserve early. It is always full.

Room Tip: Rooms by the street a little cheaper and it makes no difference.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We traveled in September to see Yellowstone and stayed here 3 days. It is a perfect location for the entrance to the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park.

Our room was cozy and clean and Brian made us feel so welcome and helped us with tips for touring through Yellowstone in the amount of time that we had. We saw so much in 2 1/2 days of touring. If you have time be sure to hike Mount Washburn Trail. It was one of our favorite outings while we were there. It has a spectacular view from the summit. Also, Wild West Pizzeria in West Yellowstone was a great place for pizza after a full day of hiking/touring and walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank NOVAHIKERS
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We agree with all the other excellent reviews . You simply can not find a better place to stay . You may find more elegance but not better service. We stayed there for five days during our 10 day visit to Yellowstone National Park. Four of those days were after the Park closed due to government shutdown. Brian and Patti gave great advice on what to see outside the park.I will attach some photos showing some of those places. We love landscape and nature photography and found the places that we visited outside the park equal to those in the Park. If it had not been for Brian and Patti and the government shut down we would not have seen those places. Their advice on local restaurants was also excellent. The rooms were clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced. The motel is small but well maintained and in a great location.

Room Tip: The rooms vary in size but all are adequate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BunsenBurner40
Reviewed 3 November 2013

As with the numerous previous positive reviews I can do nothing other than agree wholeheartedly. I stayed here for 4 nights during the shutdown and Brian and Patti made me feel exceptionally welcome in their wonderful motel and gave me numerous tips for other things to do outside of the park and they made sure I wasn't without stuff to see and do. Brian also gave some excellent tips on the local restaurants. Due to it being off season and the lower units being shut down for the winter I had one of the larger upstairs kitchen units. To say it was excellently appointed would be an understatement. A fully appointed kitchen, 2 beds, 2 TVs with DirectTV and a further futon. For the money it was fantastic value. I have already decided that I will be returning to Yellowstone next year to get in the park this time! I would not even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank nezza28
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Brian and Patti provided us with a great stay outside of the park ( closed ). We had planned two nights, and we still had a lot of fun, thanks to Patti, with her directions to different places nearby to see beautiful scenery and wildlife. Brians advice on local restaurants was also very good. This motel is a great value and very clean. We will come back when the park is open.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple