“Quaint, clean, friendly place to stay.”
Review of Alpine Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Alpine Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
georgia
“Quaint, clean, friendly place to stay.”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This was one of the highlights of the trip for my wife. She has always wanted to stay in an "old timey" motel / motor lodge. This place is it. The owners are hands on. There were no nicer people to meet than they were after a long days drive. The "goody bag" on our arrival was very nice ,unexpected treat. The location which is in walking distance to many restaurants was very nice. They are also walking distance to the entrance of Yellowstone Park, west gate. The room is spacious enough for two people. The shower was small, or should I say it was small for someone 295lbs, but I managed just fine. I wish we had more than two nights to spend there and explore the town. This was a great base of operations for our adventures into Yellowstone Park. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2010

The owner/operators are super friendly and work hard to accommodate their guests. We booked a trip in the fall for a last minute getaway to the National Park and the Alpine Motel was booked solid for a couple of days of our week long visit, so we had to split our nights between another motel.

When we checked back in for the second leg of our stay we were placed in a different room, but they had thoughtfully moved beverages we had inadvertently left behind at the beginning of our stay into the mini-fridge of the second room - and were cold upon our arrival. Certain things you expect, it's the unexpected 'pleasant' things that always impress me.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We wanted to see Yellowstone. NOT stay at a fancy hotel. We affectionately called it our Smurf Room. It was small--but ultra clean and MOST affordable. The propietors were delightful. It's not a fancy place by any means, but it had parking, a refrigerator and was quiet. CLOSE to everything. We laughed as everything seemed to be 'two blocks'.
Do NOT eat at the Summit Restaurant. Worst piece of beef ever eaten. Service left a LOT to be desired. We were forgotten or purposely overlooked.
Yellowstone is not to be missed. We were amazed at all the beauty. Suggest going in fall as the crowds are significantly less, though many things seemed to be closed or closing for year.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Sandwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was all the reviews said and more. The owners are very friendly and make you feel like you are a personal friend, Without these reviews we probably never have stopped here as it is an older motel and not big like a chain motel. It is very clean and extremely quiet., We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
South Coast England
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Brian and Patty do a great job of running this little motel. Brian always seemed to be on top of the world and encouraging us to help ourselves to goodies each time we went near reception. The motel room was clean, good value and had everything we needed. It's in a great location for West Yellowstone nightlife, shops, restaurants and the park. The only minor thing we didn't like so much was the small bathroom and the big mirror in a not so flattering place. But the hosts really are great and seem to love running the place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
West Palm Beach, FL
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My cousin and I stayed for 3 nights in room 9. It's no exaggeration that the owners Brian and Patty go out of their way to make you feel at home and comfortable. I dealt with Brian more than Patty and all I can say is his friendliness and willingness to bend over backwards to assist his guests was refreshing. He filled our cooler daily with ice, constantly offered us hot tea or coffee, and answered all types of questions about eating, the park, etc. This is not a luxury hotel - it's a comfortable motel in an excellent location. $100 with tax per night in the location is a steal. The room was very clean. My cousin and I were both a little worried that the beds would be uncomfortable, but to the contrary they were very comfortable and the bedding was of excellent quality. The bathroom is small, but having experienced this travelling previously in the WY/MT area, it's not something that really bothered me. Only two negatives - the water temperature does variate while you shower. Not a big deal to me, but maybe to others - plus the temp variations only last a few seconds. And I guess the quality of the Wifi depends on your computer. Some people rave - it wasn't great for me. The system, which requires you to log in, constantly logged me off. Not sure what the issue was. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and my cousin and I look forward to chatting it up with Brian again in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Crowley, TX
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Stayed one night at the Alpine recently. Owners were really nice. Room small, but adequate. Our room had a microwave/frig and small table/chairs. Sink outside of bathroom. Shower only (no tub), but not a problem. Bed/pillows comfortable - room was clean. Good alternative to more expensive rooms in West Yellowstone. Only con was lobby didn't open early enough for access to coffee for my sister and brother-in-law traveling with us. Parking very "tight" spaces for offstreet parking. Would recommend though and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2010