“There's a reason why they're always solid booked!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpine Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Alpine Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
LA
“There's a reason why they're always solid booked!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

This is my 2nd visit to Yellowstone. The first time I stayed somewhere else because Alpine Motel is completely booked. This time I tried to plan ahead and called/emailed 2 months ahead, yet they're still fully booked. 2 days after my initial inquiry Patty emailed me back informing me about a cancellation and offered me a room. I immediately took advantage and had her penciled me in. Brian gave me detail information on where I can grab a bite and pointed out where I can park at night. Also gave me a bag of travel size toiletries/goodies. He also walked me out to show me the room and turn on everything. Size of room is about average (compare to another place I stayed in) but very COZY and CLEAN!!! I love the restaurant binder Patty prepared and Brian's suggestion for a nice dinner at Sydney was awesome. This stay cannot be better and with the price they charged there's no way u can beat this. My friend and I both love hot tea and hot chocolate in the mornings and they have a good selection of different kinds of tea bags, apple cider, coffee, chocolate powder, hot water and even pain meds in case of emergency!!! All the linens are very clean with a scent of Downy and my world traveler friend even said, "that's the softest towel I've ever used in a motel/hotel!" Both supermarkets are very close by. Easy access to most places. The only thing that could be better is that if my next door neighbor park their car outside their room instead of taking the space outside my room. So that I can unload my stuff from the car w/o dragging them from the sidewalk. But even so, that's only a walk about 10-20 meters.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank bundan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
villanova, pa,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Alpine, while we explored Yellowstone, the Madison Valley, and points south in Idaho. It was a very reasonably priced motel. We loved being able to pull right up to the door of our room and unload all our stuff (we were car traveling for 3 weeks...lots of stuff). The room had a good air conditioner and firm beds. There was a little refrigerator which was handy. The bathroom was clean...but it was very tiny. However, clean is better than big in our books.

Its location was very convenient to walking to dinner, coffee in the morning (Morningglory Coffee is just a short block away), the bakery, the tshirt shops, and the Grizzly Center. The owners gave great advice regarding where to eat (we especially enjoyed Sydney's Bistro...where we ate ALL four nights). And on one day where we didn't wanted a little break for the wonders of Yellowstone, they recommended a lovely drive down into Idaho to the source of the Snake River (Big Springs) which was a little piece of heaven and Mesa Falls.

West Yellowstone was a convenient "Off Park" location to stay if you don't want to brave the crowds at the NPS resorts or if you don't want to pay the prices there. Or if you want a little more "town" in the evenings.

And one final things, when we checked out I left a small camera battery behind on the bed. They found it and called me on my cell phone to let me know. We had already left Yellowstone area so they mailed it to my home, free of charge. It was waiting for me when I got home (fortunately I had another spare). I thought that was a very kind thing to do and greatly appreciated it.

They have a good website that gives a very fair idea of the property and what to expect from the rooms. They were easy to deal with regarding reservations. We highly recommend the Alpine.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajbaesel
georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

This was one of the highlights of the trip for my wife. She has always wanted to stay in an "old timey" motel / motor lodge. This place is it. The owners are hands on. There were no nicer people to meet than they were after a long days drive. The "goody bag" on our arrival was very nice ,unexpected treat. The location which is in walking distance to many restaurants was very nice. They are also walking distance to the entrance of Yellowstone Park, west gate. The room is spacious enough for two people. The shower was small, or should I say it was small for someone 295lbs, but I managed just fine. I wish we had more than two nights to spend there and explore the town. This was a great base of operations for our adventures into Yellowstone Park. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

The owner/operators are super friendly and work hard to accommodate their guests. We booked a trip in the fall for a last minute getaway to the National Park and the Alpine Motel was booked solid for a couple of days of our week long visit, so we had to split our nights between another motel.

When we checked back in for the second leg of our stay we were placed in a different room, but they had thoughtfully moved beverages we had inadvertently left behind at the beginning of our stay into the mini-fridge of the second room - and were cold upon our arrival. Certain things you expect, it's the unexpected 'pleasant' things that always impress me.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

We wanted to see Yellowstone. NOT stay at a fancy hotel. We affectionately called it our Smurf Room. It was small--but ultra clean and MOST affordable. The propietors were delightful. It's not a fancy place by any means, but it had parking, a refrigerator and was quiet. CLOSE to everything. We laughed as everything seemed to be 'two blocks'.
Do NOT eat at the Summit Restaurant. Worst piece of beef ever eaten. Service left a LOT to be desired. We were forgotten or purposely overlooked.
Yellowstone is not to be missed. We were amazed at all the beauty. Suggest going in fall as the crowds are significantly less, though many things seemed to be closed or closing for year.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed here after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was all the reviews said and more. The owners are very friendly and make you feel like you are a personal friend, Without these reviews we probably never have stopped here as it is an older motel and not big like a chain motel. It is very clean and extremely quiet., We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
South Coast England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

Brian and Patty do a great job of running this little motel. Brian always seemed to be on top of the world and encouraging us to help ourselves to goodies each time we went near reception. The motel room was clean, good value and had everything we needed. It's in a great location for West Yellowstone nightlife, shops, restaurants and the park. The only minor thing we didn't like so much was the small bathroom and the big mirror in a not so flattering place. But the hosts really are great and seem to love running the place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family