“Excellent value”
Review of Westwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Westwood Motel
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Allen, Texas
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

After reading older reviews we were concerned but were coming in last minute and had to take what we could get. What a nice surprise this was! The rooms are very simple, pared down, but quite comfortable and very clean, one of the cleanest motels I have ever stayed in. It is an old facility but well kept. Be prepared that there is no phone, no a/c but even in July we needed heat at night. Only drawback I can mention is the parking, and with open windows it can be noisy. Two loud motorcycles starting up early in the morning sounded like they were in our room, mainly because they practically were, about 20 feet away.

The televisions vary a lot and the one in our room was very poor, a CRT, but had one of the best channel line-ups I have ever seen. However, if you are staying here, you are visiting Yellowstone and should not be terribly concerned about phones and
TV. Internet wi-fi is included in price however. Don't expect luxury, but do expect comfort.

Room Tip: The rooms seem to be all different, so ask to look around.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 October 2011

After reading the reviews we were leary BUT what a pleasant 3 day stay(the owner was not on site) and his wonderful daughter Maritza made our stay just great. The rooms are spotless and the beds are soft and comfortable. It is very quiet at night and within walking distance to everything.We will use this facility again. One of the best on our 6000 mile trip .

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2011

surprised by refurb of motel. flat screens, directv, new bath,& kitchenette.
@ half the price of much older chain motels.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank thomashwallace
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 9 July 2010

As others have pointed out, the owner has issues. I wander why he is unfriendly and rude. Pity that he is that way because if he wasn't this place would definitely be more memorable.

Cleanliness is ok. Room is dated. Bathroom only has natural ventilation.

For the price ($100) and the offering (and service), I would recommend other places first. Only go here if it's the absolute last resort

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank traveller-bmedai

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

OH
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I stayed there with my Mom and my sister. The room was OK, even though there were absolutely no amenities, and you can hear all your neighbors. The biggest problem was the owner, who was so extremely rude to us for no apparent reason. For example, he told us up front that we have to clean our room including bathroom and toilet. When we were about to leave to look for another motel, he said that we do not have to do that. We eventually stayed because it was very late at night, and we were very tired, but I would never ever stay in that place again!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Anatoliy45
Bothell, WA
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed a couple of nights while visiting Yellowstone National Park in a roomy two-queen bed room with full kitchen. I had originally booked for a two queen bed room ($90) and called back to ask for a kitchen suite ($150). The kitchen suite (Room 1) turned out to be a room of its own with a single bed and a door connected it to the two queen bed room (Room 2).

As others have said, the room was spacious and clean. There was a TV with cable. There was no Internet access and I didn't bother checking with the owner to confirm.

Speaking of the owner, I can see why someone complained about the manner of the owner. If you're expecting the all-smiles warm friendly type staff, then this isn't the place for you. He is a little gruff and all business, but so what? This is a no-frills motel, but that was OK by me. When I called back a few days after making my reseveration, he was easy to work with. "I already made a reservation but want to change it. Do you have a room with a kitchen?" He said "Yes." I said, "What is the rate?" He said, "$150." I said, "Great, please change my reservation to the room with the kitchen." Very to-the-point no-frills conversation :).

The one thing I want to note... if you are tall (6' 5" or taller), then you may want to consider going somewhere else. The ceiling is very low. I am 6' 1" and I could touch the ceiling without fully extending my arm.

While I was pleased with the stay, next time, I would consider looking elsewhere for a place with Internet access. Other than for that, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
MESQUITE, NV
Reviewed 7 December 2008

We have been staying at the Westwood Motel since it was built in the mid 1900's. It is rustic but well kept and several of the housekeeping cabins have been recently remodeled. It has changed owners several times over the years. The present owner is meticulous with his housekeeping and the surrounding grounds. You won't find cleaner accommodations anywhere. We take our whole family on a 4 night stay every year which means renting 5 cabins and they all love staying there. It's an easy walk of two blocks to the main part of town which is very convenient. The owner is very friendly and takes great pride in keeping every thing clean and inviting.' There is also an open area where a boat or ATV can be parked.
W. R. Hinds, Mesquite, NV

• Liked — The Cleanliness and Comfort
  • Disliked — No AC
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)