“Location OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Weston Inn
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
“Location OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Pet friendly; large and spacious rooms; semi-centrally located, yet over prized even during tourist season.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Davis, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel is situated very close to the main road, but we did not hear any cars. The hotel is separated into to parts and we stayed in the smaller part that was farther from the office.
Nice simple breakfast.
The internet is fast all day, except between 6-11 pm when it is very slow

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are in the second part of the hotel - farther from the office
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MoranHike
Sacramento
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed here for one night while visiting Yellowstone. The room size and ammenities were typical for a Best Western. The breakfast was adequate. The staff was friendly. Even though I didn't use it, I thought it was great that the motel is located next to a laundry mat. My complaint was the level of noise. I stayed in room 202. My strong recommendation is to avoid rooms 201 and 202. They are located right over the lobby so I heard people checking in, sitting at the tables outside and everyone at breakfast. Also, the rooms are located by the stairway, so I heard everyone going up and down. It was loud even with the window closed and a/c on.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa_916_CA
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We had a reservation through Best Western Rewards for this motel. I handed a copy of the confirmation to the receptionist, who pushed it back to me and said he didn't want it. He asked me for my name then asked for a credit card and driving licence. I gave him the credit card and explained that my driving license was in the car and could I bring it into the reception after checking into the room. He then started to throw his arms in the air and got irate at my persistance. I then said if you want to take that attitude we could go elsewhere. He then raised his voice again and said we will charge you for the first night. He then said he wanted a picture ID, so I provided my UK Senior Citizen bus pass. This exchange took place in front of several other guests waiting to check in. What an intimidating and humiliating experience. I finally got a room key and went back and found the room.
My husband could see that I was upset and I explained to him what had happened. He then went to the office and spoke to the person concerned, who stated he was a manager and his name was Anthony. My husband asked for a reason why he was so rude and agressive to me, and was it necessary. He claimed I was abusive and he was upholding the law. My husband told him that his attitude wasn't necessary and that we had both travelled the world and never encountered such an agressive attitude as this before. He asked my husband if he wanted to check out and he said no, so Anthony said well I am checking you out. He then picks up the phone and states that he was ringing the local police and they would remove us. As senior UK citizens, we did not wish to involve the law. We did inform him that we would write to Best Western and report his agressive attitude, and also put a report on trip advisor.
We found another hotel nearby with a totally different attitude and no further problems encountered.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Greatgetaway
, Owner at BEST WESTERN Weston Inn, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
First I want to extend my apologizes for the way this entire situation unfolded. We pride ourselves on proving great customer service to all our guests. Please understand that we are required to verfify picture identification from your protection. I did speak with other guests who were present and witnessed the entire encounter. They have shared that our front desk person, Anthony was professional and calm throughout. I wish you well and trust that you were able to enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Centerville, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Negative
An average motel. Plain rooms. Rooms are small. And in my opinion overpriced. But every motel in West Yellowstone is over priced. The breakfast is OK, and the room the breakfast is served in is very small. It's crowded.

Positive. The motel is close to downtown W. Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the street. Other rooms are on the opposite side of the building and probable much...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank budda1160
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Good location next to a large grassy park (for the kids this is a plus). Outdoor pool with hot tub is a little grimy but the kids didn't seem to mind. Just staying here for a place to sleep on the way to Yellowstone. Thought breakfast was great - can make your own waffles, or basic cereals, but also have hard boiled eggs and can make hot chocolate so everyone was happy. We have stayed here twice and the second time the water pipe in our room was REALLY loud. We had a noise-maker going in our room to make sure our youngster stayed asleep, and although he didn't wake up, the sound of the water being turned on, by what I assume was the room above us? taking a shower was so loud it woke both my hubby and I up. Probably just a fluke thing, but still, annoying. Nice that they have a little fridge in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rmtyler
Muskegon, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I expected this property to be old and outdated. We were surprised by getting a room in the new additon. Although the room was very average for that location/age, the front desk staff was really nice and served a great included breakfast. I used a Best Western gift card to help pay for the room and the staff was very helpful and took the time to thank me for my business and made sure everything was correct and good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple