“Friendly and clean”

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Rockville
“Friendly and clean”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This hotel was very nice...clean, quiet, with nice amenities. The staff was very friendly, especially the gentleman who checked me in. Anthony was very pleasant and helpful with my questions about where to eat and shop and about the park. The breakfast was certainly more than the normal 'continental' breakfast...lots of choices and very good eats. The ladies taking care of the breakfast worked very hard and were always smiling and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This motel is the last on the way towards Idaho Falls. The traffic was less but there were some tractor trailors down shifting as they got to the edge of town which kept my husband awake through the night. Nice to have a small refridgerator and microwave but the fridge hummed loudly until I unplugged it. The man who checked us in was not friendly. The breakfast area was small and the food pretty bland. The hot tub was great - nice big size. The price was better than some in West Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Rooms above the office are noisy as soon as they begin to serve breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The bed was the best part of this stay. I overheard a man named Anthony treat the lady in front very rudely so I went to the car and had my husband go in to register us. There is no excuse for treating customers poorly.

I see other complaints that mention Anthony so he must be related to the owner or he would not still be working there...

Bed was good, room was old and window frame inside room was dirty, breakfast was not much to speak of and the eating area was too small for the number of rooms this motel has.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were charged twice for this room ($170 X 2) and when I brought it to the front dest managers attention he very rudely argued with me and said if I filed a fradulent charge claim with my bank he would let them know exactly what I was trying to do... like I was a criminal... After I called the main BW customer service department, he called me back stating the mistake was found but after the rude manner in which he dealt with a customer I would never stay there again.

The breakfast was minimal and the eating area was very small and full so we had to sit outside to eat and it was about 50 degrees.

The guest computer faces the wall so the screen is visible to others so I could not check my back account.

The room was okay but the price was high.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank musgroves
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The hotel is an older hotel, but nice enough. I thought my room was adequately furnished. I did like the fact that my blanket was "sandwiched" between 2 sheets, that way the blanket doesn't touch my face. My bed was very comfortable and I was able to get a pretty good night's sleep-yeah! TV was nice, I had 2 luggage stands, iron, ironing board, microwave, fridge, coffee maker... yep- everything I needed.
The only bummer... I was charging my camera battery and unbeknownst to me the outlet I used was on the bathroom vanity, next to the hairdryer and when I turned out the light, that switch also operated that outlet, and my camera never charged. HHHmmmm.
The folks at the counter were very helpful, oh and I did like the little seating/dining area they created in the front each morning. The little bears were adorable.
Very close to "downtown" so once we got back to the hotel from day in the park, were were able to walk to the restaurants and shops. That was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sassafras G
San Rafael, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This Best Western is old and tired. Our room was clean and spacious, but the bedding was worn looking and the decor dated and dark. We paid more for this one night than for any other hotel in our whole 3-week trip; the place was fully booked for the night so obviously they don't have to try very hard. Breakfast was adequate and the front desk staff OK.

If you have to stay in West Yellowstone, this is one of the less expensive places, but don't expect an exceptional experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a view of the park, but also noise from people going up and down the me...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
manufan97, Owner at Best Western Weston Inn, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for your review, we always strive to improve the hotel, the bedding and drapes
were brand new this year. In the past few years we have added a new breakfast area, brand new roofs on our building, upgraded to Direct TV, and we will bring in new TV's for next year.

Thank

Ranjit Johal
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2012

we were lucky to have gotten this room...it was the most expensive so far on our cross country trip. but it was worth it...the room was spacious and very clean. the staff was excellent I had a couple of issues but they corrected them. they PLUS was they did give you clean sheets every day I LOVED THAT!!! we were supposed to stay 5 days...but got tired of driving thru Yellowstone. so we asked if we could leave a day early ....no problem...again I want to thank the staff...great job...

Room Tip: our room was very nice...really don;t have any tips
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank You for staying with us, we always try to make the stays enjoyable as we can.

Ranjit Johal