“Nice Motel”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Nice Motel”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Check in went very smooth and desk clerk was professional and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable, with good beds. Pool was good. Breakfast is tasty and well stocked, cereal, juice, toast, fruit, muffins, yogurt, are some of the breakfast items. Breakfast room is small, but works out OK. Wifi worked good. Parking lot can be a bit tight, but generally has adequate parking available for the property. Motel is within walking distance of several places to eat. Grocery store is also within a block of the motel. Overall the staff was pleasant and helpful. Will stay here again when visiting Yellowstone Park.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Crosswinds. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are in West Yellowstone!

We wish you safe travels on all your journeys!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This hotel was expensive for a room which was just OK. Unfortunately we left my husbands reading glasses here which we never recovered. Ultimately that was our fault for not checking up room properly prior to checking out....very disappointing though because we know they were definitely left in the room. Unfortunately we also experienced a more serious incident that resulted in us contacting and filing a report with the West Yellowstone Police. I rang the hotel and asked to speak to the manager so I could make them aware of the incident. I left a message but my call was never returned....very disappointing and arrogant!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I was concerned when I read your review and sent you a private message on July 7th, as of yet I have had no response from you. We speak to guests every day and I can assure you, I had no messages that were not returned. We also contacted the local police department to see if we could find out what the issue was that you reported and they were unable to assist us so we still do not know what the issue was that you are referring to.

I had also let you know in my private message that we do have a pair of glasses that were found. I do not know if they belong to your husband or not, but you can call the motel and give a description. If they are his we would be happy to have them professionally packaged and mailed back to you.

I hope to receive a response from you.

Travellers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I had a great visit to Yellowstone for business purposes. Clean, affordable, friendly staff. Location is convenient to the local shops and restaurants and the entrance to the park. Needed extra soap and staff was willing to accommodate. Continental breakfast was always stocked well. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for reviewing us! We are so happy that you had a great stay and look forward to your next visit!

We wish you safe travels on all your journeys!
Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from tuesday to friday. When we came at the reception and nobody was there. After 4 minutes when the girl was finised talking to her collegue, she asked me can i help you on a very rude way. We didn't feel welcome at all. No smile nothing friendly at all, when we arrived at the room it was basic but clean. Just all we need but we know that when we booked here. The next day at breakfest it was very simple just a normal contintal breakfest. But when we asked the waitress a question, she wouldn't want to talk and ignored as. When i asked again she answerd but makes very clear she don't want to talk to us or anybody. On the day of our check out, i said i want to check out. The girl behind the desk makes it very clear i was bothering her with reading her newspaper. And when she gave me a pen to sign my bill that didn't work she picked a pen scratched it irritated over her paper. I signed my bill and walked out confused of what happend there. I only can recommend stay there if they replaced there staff its the most rude staff i ever met. This is by far the worst staff i ever met in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank RichardBrand1981
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
I apologize that you did not feel welcome when you stayed with us. I have spoken with the staff that were working during your check in and check out times. I have used your experience as an opportunity to refresh all the staff on the importance of making sure that our guests are welcomed and experience a friendly and helpful staff.

Again, I am sorry that you did not have that experience. From your other comments and ratings in other areas it appears you enjoyed the motel itself, so I am glad the room and location were to your satisfaction. I hope if you are ever in the area again, you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs and I am positive you will feel welcome! We would love to have you stay with us again.

I wish you safe travels on all your journeys!
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel is not even in the same category as Motel 6. The room is dingy, stale, linen is dingy looking, furnishings are dated, carpets dirty, AC works some of the time, and if you call to report the problem staff will make you feel guilty for doing so. Breakfast is Luke warm at best, spend an extra $8 and stay at the desert inn across the street.

Room Tip: Do not BBQ place that has seating outside and looks to be authentic, it's a joke, overprice, und...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1_HarleyGuy
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. It is not uncommon for many of the hotels in West Yellowstone to get negative comments in summer about pricing. West Yellowstone is a resort area and summer is our peak season. Our rates, like those of every other motel/hotel in West Yellowstone, are not reflective of the age, size or amenities, they are based simply on extremely limited supply and extraordinary demand due to the limited availability.

Our goal is to ensure all our guests are happy and satisfied during their stay with us, however, we realize that is unlikely. In those cases when we have a guest who is not satisfied with our property we are happy to share information about prices and availability of other lodging options in town and we always allow them to check out early without penalty.
txwanab
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This hotel was better in person than online. Absolute perfect location to Yellowstone. It is actually better to stay at the West entrance. It's closer to everything u want to see. The room was very clean! The Mattresses looked newer. We had a larger dorm fridge & micro. A table & desk plus 2 sitting chairs. The continental breakfast was superior!! You will not be disappointed! The staff was extra super friendly. I wish we would have thought to leave a tip for them! There is always coffee in the lobby. We went to the indoor pool each night. The hot tub was a great way to relax after driving & walking in the park all day. There is a small park across the street. People would take their dogs for walks. There is 1 washer/dryer. You can walk across the street to a convenience store. And one block more there's a pizza shop that's really good(geyser I think). Plus one of the two grocery stores n town. It is about 2 miles to the Yellowstone West entrance. About 3 miles into the park is a big area for bison! We will definitely return if we visit again! There's not much view anywhere in the hotel, but it was only a place to sleep & eat.

Room Tip: If ur a southerner stay on the first floor. Climbing is not ur friend in altitude.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to have you back again!

We are hopeful that within the next year we will have an expanded breakfast area and we really want our past guests to stop by after it's done and let us know what they think.

We hope to see you again and in the meantime we wish you safe travels on all your journeys!
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The staff gave us early check-in and late check-out due to the timing of our shuttle bus from/to Bozeman! That was very helpful! The room was clean and breakfast was good! The location is near Arby's, Geyser's restaurant, and a grocery store! The price was great! The even gave us a ride to the snowmobile rental company. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing the Best Western Crosswinds! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and glad you made it back home safely.

I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will stay with us!

We wish you safe travels always!

Anna Stallings