THE GOOD: This hotel is in a convenient location in West Yellowstone - walking distance to the few shops and restaurants in the town. It is directly across the street from a city park with playground and picnic tables. The room was cleaned and the in-room coffee was replaced daily. The wireless network had a strong signal in our room.
THE BAD: The room was pretty expensive for the quality of the room. Ours was pretty dingy; showing its age in the carpet, walls, sink, toilet, tub, and fixtures. The worst problem this property faces is noise. Not only could we hear people moving around, watching TV, and talking from the rooms adjacent to and above us, but worse, each time they used their water (sink, tub, or flush) it was very loud in our room. Louder than the television, and loud enough to wake a fairly sound sleeper.
The breakfast (muffins, toast, cereal, nasty-looking fruit) was unusable - the crowd was too large and food was pretty much exhausted by 8am.
SUMMARY: I would not choose to stay in West Yellowstone again. I would stay in a NPS lodge or camp. If I do stay in West Yellowstone again, it will not likely be here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yellowstone National Park is the first National Park in the world and for very good reason has been a top tourist destination since its opening in 1872. It's a WONDERLAND and the Crosswinds Inn is located right next to it. We are just 3 blocks from the West entrance which is the most popular way to enter the Park. This makes us the perfect base for you to see the parks many amazing geysers, grizzly bears, wolves, bison, elk and of course, Old Faithful, the most popular geyser on Earth! The Crosswinds Inn has 70 rooms that have ALL been completely renovated. We are a 100% non-smoking facility and we offer free continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi. We also allow pets in our designated pet rooms. All pets must be registered at time of check-in and we do charge a $20 one time pet cleaning fee. After a day spent amid natural wonders, relax in our heated indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crosswinds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cross-Winds Motor Hotel West Yellowstone
- Best Western West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone Best Western
- Crosswinds Inn West Yellowstone, Montana