“We were pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Crosswinds Inn

Crosswinds Inn
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were looking for a dog friendly hotel that was both affordable & comfortable and I believe we made the best choice staying here! Right across from a park & the woman who checked us in was absolutely sweet. The room looked great & we would most definitely stay here again if we travel that way again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura S
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor!

We just completed an entire room renovation including new granite vanities, new carpet, new wall vinyl and will have new lighting in place within the next couple weeks. We are glad you enjoyed our new updates and we are happy to offer pet friendly rooms as we also love our 4-legged guests!

We hope you will stay with us again and until then, we wish you safe travels on all your journeys.

There are newer reviews for Crosswinds Inn

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This place was awesome... Great rate of only $62 in May with a triple a discount. Everything in the room was new and super clean. New carpet, new bedding new tile and fancy shower head, large granite bathroom sink. I really think I may have been the first to stay in this room after the remodel the desk clerk told me about. We stayed on the top floor and it was very quiet. Breakfast wasn't that great but the new clean room and great price more than made up for it :) beds were also super comfy!

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Janet C
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing us! You are correct, you were the first person to stay in the room since we have replaced the carpet, bedding, vinyl wallpaper and granite vanities. I'm so glad you enjoyed it but I am sorry that breakfast wasn't satisfying to you. We are going to be adding some more selection to our offerings and if you have any suggestions that would have made it better for you please contact me at crosswindsinn@aol.com and let me know or fill out the Best Western Survey that was sent out and include that information in the comments section. I am always interested to hear what our valued guests would like to see offered for our continental breakfast.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing us on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed there for a trip to Yellowstone. Convenient location to Yellowtone's West entrance. For a older motel it was very clean and the continental breakfast was tasty. The staff was pleasant to speak with. The pool and sauna were indoor and heated which was very relaxing after a long day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank daniellec448

Thank you SO much for reviewing us! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again if you are ever in the area.

We wish you safe travels on all your journeys!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

There was a large streak of fecal matter on the mattress cover. It was right where I would have put my head. There was no way Housekeeping could have been missed it unless they either didn't change the sheets or put it there themselves. I only found it because my own dog freaked from the scent and marked the area. (It was the first time and last time in over three weeks of traveling across the US that she exhibited that behavior.) The manager was indifferent, didn't want to look, and just brought some extra towels. As an added insult, they charged me an additional (unauthorized) $20 on top of the pet fee I already agreed to. The breakfast was also very poor in comparison to other places I stayed during this cross country vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dia C
Anna S, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I have spoken with my employee's regarding this situation and their memory of it is a bit different than yours. When you called the front desk you stated your dog is the one who went to the bathroom on the bed. My front desk clerk brought you new towels and sheets and stated that you would not allow him in your room due to having a child with a medical disorder. You did not speak with a manager. You were also only charged one $20 pet fee, you were not charged twice. If you would like a copy of your room folio to verify this please e-mail me that request at crosswindsinn@aol.com and I will send it to you to verify that you were only charged one time.

We wish you safe travels on all your journeys.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

It's not that good considering there are so many best western in town and I regret it. The room was soso, and another best western was just nearby and that one looks great considering the one we stayed.

I guess the price in west yellowstone won't be a little bit easy. Paid a lot but don't get enough back. :P

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing us. West Yellowstone is a resort town and you did stay with us during peak season so it is our highest priced time of year. We are doing some remodeling this winter and all our rooms will have new granite vanities, new lighting, new carpet and new wall vinyl. We hope if you are ever in the area again you will stop by and see our upgrades and let us know how we did.

We wish you safe travels on all your journeys!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Older motel, but clean. Bed was comfortable. Good water pressure in shower. Large TV with cable. Excellent continental breakfast - cheesy eggs, biscuits & sausage gravy, french toast, cereal, hot cereal, hot drinks, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries. The gal that serviced the breakfast area was awesome. She kept replenishing everything and kept the area clean. Eating area was small and we had to wait for a table to eat at, but didn't have to wait too long. Staff was friendly. Quick check in and check out. Close to most restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole W

Thank you for reviewing us! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will allow us the pleasure of serving your lodging needs if you are ever in the area again.

We are remodeling our rooms this winter so we hope to provide an even better lodging experience to all our guests.

We wish you safe travels on all your journeys.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was in West Yellowstone to attend a fly fishing conference and fish in the Park

There are lots of accommodations to choose from and I chose Best Western Cross-Winds and I was very happy I did.

Helpful and accommodating staff, clean rooms, quiet location, a wide variety of items on
its breakfast menu, both hot and cold, and a hop, skip and a jump to the Park's entrance

And if you are traveling with a four legged family member, you are lucky to have a large
park across the street (carry popper bags)

I recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to return.

It is apparent that the owner and manager care about this property and providing a
good experience to its guests

Room Tip: I was in a bottom floor, 300 block with easy access to unload and load my truck.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for reviewing us! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here and I look forward to your return visits!

We do have some of the best fly fishing in the country and we are surrounded by some of the most fertile rivers and beautiful mountains on Earth.

We are currently in the midst of remodeling our rooms and when you come back to see us they will have all been updated with new carpet, new granite vanities, new wall vinyl and new lighting. We hope this provides an even better guest experience for all our valued customers.

Until next time, I wish you safe travels on all your journeys!