Holiday Inn West Yellowstone
Moose Creek Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$211
Best Western Weston Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$319
US$280
Official Website
Yellowstone West Gate Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$297
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$653
US$396
The Historic Madison Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$244
Yellowstone Park Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$285
Best Western Desert Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$271
BestWestern.com
Gray Wolf Inn and Suites(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
US$269
TripAdvisor
Three Bear Lodge(West Yellowstone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdouble sinksfamily suitehotel restaurantattached restaurantin townroom was largemicrowave and fridgecomfortable bedsold faithfuloff seasonlaundry roompark entranceafter a long daycoffee makerspent nightssmall townfew blocks
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Nice, clean Holiday Inn. It is what you expect from them. The location is great for exploring Yellowstone over a couple of days, and only a few minutes walk from "downtown" West Yellowstone. The price is high for a Holiday Inn, but all hotels around Yellowstone are expensive, so nothing out of the ordinary. We would stay there again. I can recommend it.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you want to stay in a place with modern amenities while touring Yellowstone National Park, then consider the Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone. We stayed their the first week of August 2013 in a family suite and found it perfect for our needs. The family suite was large with two queen beds for our 3 kids (13, 10 and 7) and a king (or queen?) bed in a separate room with a door for us (Mom and Dad). Had a nice pool but we didn't get to use it. Fitness center looked a bit small, but didn't try it.

We were fortunate enough to be staying there while there was a hot rod convention going on. One of the hotel's parking lots was dedicated to that, and parking might have been a little tight later at night, but we just parked around dinner when we got back from touring the park and just walked to downtown to grab a bite to eat. The whole family enjoyed being able to look out our windows at all of the cool cars.

The only three things that detracted from our stay were minor and I did not mentioned them to hotel staff during our stay. First, a cleaning cart was out in the hall right next to our door overnight one or two nights during our stay. Not a huge deal, but it detracted from the place a little bit. Second, the air conditioner in the separate bedroom in the family suite wasn't cooling anything off. I had to get up in the middle of the night and open the door to let the other room's air conditioner cool the room off. Again not a huge issue, and I did mention it to the staff when I checked out. Third, we were having major issues getting a good signal from Verizon, and found that while the hotel did offer Wi-Fi, at times it appeared very slow.

The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel grounds and rooms were quite clean and well maintained. It is an easy walk to downtown West Yellowstone where there are shops, restaurants, museums and a wildlife sanctuary. We'd stay here again if we go to Yellowstone National Park.

2  Thank FamilyGuy60031
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The location was great! West Yellowstone is a quaint little town, where I felt comfortable allowing my teens wander alone during the day. We arrived 1 hour early We were told that we would need to wait for check-in time. At other locations a quick call to housekeeping has been all it took to get us into our room. In the morning, my family was sleeping. In an effort to allow them to sleep, I ran downstairs to get a cup of coffee. I was charged for the cup of coffee and reminded that if I wanted a free cup I should go back to my room. Customer service was certainly lacking at this Holiday Inn.

The room was clean and quiet. It is nothing special. The hotel has a "casino" which is actually about 12 machines (I don't know the exact number) in a large closet or small office off the restaurant entrance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wetravel4u
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear wetravel4u,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 22 August 2013

The room above ours was making a large racket, so large that it concerned me that physical violence might be involved. The first time I called down to the front desk, I was informed that the party above us might have a special needs child (information BTW, which they should not have shared) and they would address with his father. The noise abated and then resumed. I called again and was informed again they would address with the father. Repeated the same a 3rd time. And then a 4th time.

While I have the greatest empathy for the family above, the solution for the hotel seemed very simple - i.e., either move that family to the ground floor or move us to some other room. Neither happened nor was there even a apology, and it continued without more than temporary abatement.

I stay >100 nights in hotels and frankly cannot think of another incident where the front office has responded so poorly to a basic customer service problem. The family above could have been spared the embarrassment of repeated calls by the front desk and we could have be spared the noise with some very simple problem-solving.

Room Tip: Until senior management addresses basic customer service training for this hotel I recommend staying somewhere else. Reading through other reviews, it seems that this hotel does not respond well when these issues occasionally arise. Otherwise, the hotel is certainly fine - you just run the risk of a nice vacation marred by hotel customer service if something like this occurs and they are unable to address.
1  Thank Alexander J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Alexander J,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the misdemeanor you experienced during your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Karen G.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed at this property even though the prices were high. There just aren't much availability out there. This hotel is branded the Holiday Inn, but I have a feeling it was a different hotel some time back. It's just not very Holiday Inn. The layout is weird and the rooms are not exactly great. I didn't like the jacuzzi tub in the room next to the bed. I can't exactly say this is a bad hotel, but I didn't find anything that impressed me, except the restaurant. I forgot what the name of the restaurant was, but the food was great. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful!!

The West entrance of Yellowstone NP is just down the street, like 2 minutes away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Vincent N,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you liked our restaurant. I also appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words on the staff. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the room's layout. Please be assured that all your comments are being reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to address any issues that may come up.

Karen G.