“Large Quiet Room” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jackson, Georgia
“Large Quiet Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from a great trip to West Yellowstone. We spent 4 nights at the Holiday Inn. I was a little nervous due to bad reviews of this hotel but was pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. Check in was quick and the front desk people wee very nice. Our room was large by Holiday Inn standards. I liked that the large double sink area was outside the bathroom. Our room had tow double beds and then a nice sitting area with a sofa, table and desk area. The room was very quiet. I never heard hall noise. The room had a fridge and microwave which was nice. The only downside I can think of is that although the room was VERY clean it had a kind of musty dirty sock smell. We used the hot tub one evening after a day of snowmobiling it is was nice and relaxing. Also a great place to meet and chat with other guests about their day. Overall this is a nice hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Evan_Tennant, Manager at Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear luv-the-beach-always,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review and for providing feedback on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn West Yellowstone. We are pleased to hear that you found the staff very nice and facilities to be more than you expected. Thank you for the recommendation, please come stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
Albquuerque New Mexico USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Probably best in town and met our expectations. Friendly staff and well appointed room made for an enjoyable trip. Price is high but this is next to the national park and has a short season for visitors.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Chas87112,
Thanks for the 5-star review. We really really appreciate it. We are so glad that your room met your expectations, and that our staff served you with a smile! We hope to see you again very soon at The Holiday Inn West Yellowstone.
Minot, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is the review I sent to hotel management. NEVER AGAIN!!

There were so many problems with our stay at this hotel that I am having trouble finding anything good to say.
1) When we made the reservation on November 8th in the morning they did not tell us that Yellowstone is closed(good info to know!!)
2) When we finally arrived that evening our room that we RESERVED had been GIVEN AWAY
3) It took 30 minutes to get us new rooms(we needed two now to accommodate our party of 6)
4) When we got to our rooms they had only given us keys for one room so we had to go back to front desk again(keep in mind we have a 2 year old and 4 year old)
5) Thecnext morning we go down for breakfast and I checked my banking account. We had been charged 440.00 for one room and 262.00 for the other!! WTF?? I went to front desk and asked what was going on. When we made the reservation on the phone I was quoted at 156.00 per night for a family suite with free breakfast for two for each morning. When we get here to our room being GONE they quoted us at 75.00 per night per room, plus our 50.00 pet deposit. WHY AM I BEING CHARGED THAT MUCH MONEY?? And the front desk clerk couldn’t explain it to me.
6) The temperature of your hot tub was very low and we asked them to turn it up. Maintenance said it was up as high as it could go and then 5 minutes later someone came in adjusted some stuff in an electrical room and all of a sudden temperature is up. Were we lied to?
7) Our door to our room barely works and takes numerous tries to open with key and to get it to close properly.
I am so disappointed in the service and quality of this hotel that there is very little chance we will EVER stay at this line of hotels again. Very sad too because Holiday Inn used to be our top choice for hotels anytime we needed one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Amanda S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Amanda S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

It is an average Holiday Inn, with average rooms, comfortable beds, and a good location, but not worth $240 per night. I requested a room on the upper floor (there are only 3) so our stay was reasonably quiet. Easy walking to The Branch restaurant for bison pot roast (YUM!) and souvenir shopping. Close to attractions and Yellowstone entrance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Two2FortheRoad,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and probably had some of the worst sleep of our entire holiday. The walls seemed as if they were made of paper, because they let so much noise in. We were on the ground floor, so not only did we have to put up with the sounds of doors opening and closing, and the shower/sink of the room next to us. but we could hear the people above us walking around (at 3/4am).
The room itself wasn't bad, it was quite spacious, though found the idea of the 2 sinks in the room itself odd.
The breakfast room was pleasant, and the staff working in the breakfast area were extremely friendly and chatted a lot.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a top floor room, and even better, one on the very end of the corridor. This sh...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Norrie F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find our breakfast pleasant and our staff friendly. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that I apologize for the inconvenience the room condition may have caused you. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness.

Krysllin G.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had been here for 2 nights and it had been the worst experience ever - Excused me it is not personally but I am telling my experience objectively

The room is noisy and extremely dry all the time. And the ridiculous thing is, they will charge you extra of USD508.45 bill without any reason!!!!

When I check in on Sep 29th, they pre-authorize me 608.45 USD, which should be 100 USD instead. After I discover this wrong pre-authorization, they just said it's a computer problem and will only give me back after I check out.

And when I check out and leave yellowstone, I found they only refund me 100 USD only and the other 508.45 is already in the bill!!! I asked the front desk but I was been told it is not her responsibility or issue to deal with. I need to catch up the flight so I have to go right away.

I started to call their GM and again. My god she is so busy to find her on the phone! Finally I reached her but the only reason she gave that it is the computer problem!!!! It is nothing to do with this hotel, but blame on the computer. No even a sorry till now!!!

The issue is still pending to be solved and it totally ruins my mood travelling around US.

I just called 30 minutes ago just now again and I am now waiting whether/when they will call me back......

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JINYU C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear JINYU C,

Thank you for leaving us feedback about your recent visit. It is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the service received. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this hotel. Our room was large, clean and nice with a double sink in the room itself. The shower/toilet however was in need of an update and the ventilator was quite noisy. We were put in a room on the ground floor near a door that led to part of the parking lot. People came in late at night and left quite early in the morning and we were continually disturbed by the noise of the door opening and shutting. When someone took a shower at 5.20 in the morning the noisy ventilator woke us up.
We had breakfast in the dining room. We were not very impressed with the breakfast itself; more variety would have been appreciated, e.g. there was no yoghurt and only orange juice without a selection of juices. The dining room itself has not got much light in it and was painted and wallpapered in colours much too dark. It was somehow quite oppressive and unwelcoming.
On a plus side, the staff are great in this hotel. They are friendly and give information without hesitation when asked. The girl serving at the breakfast buffet had a lot to do, but was always smiling and helpful. I think there should be two staff at breakfast though.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Comments-JBB,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy with the compliment on our hotel staff. I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was a disappointing one. I apologize for the shortfalls, especially with the noise issues as well as breakfast selections that was served. We strive for excellent customer service and will use your comments to ensure this does not happen again the future.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N