I am an IHG club member, have stayed in many of the hotels in many locations. However, this one is just flat terrible.
Location is nice, yes. Very convenient for accessing the park. But there are plenty of other choices in the town, and that is where any positives stop. The air conditioning in the room did not work. Fan, yes. Cooling, no. The doors have gaps, we could see light all the way around at night and the door rattled, not a solid closed position.
We had a room at the end of the hall next to the exit door, which slammed all night as the door has no mechanism to keep it from slamming. It woke us up more than once.
Beds - horrible. I wouldn't even donate these mattresses to a shelter, they are that bad. Squeaky, lumpy and no support at all. The tiny couch is more comfortable to sleep on than the beds.
The bathroom toilet is what, 8 inches off the floor? The tub/shower sliding door is straight out of the 80s.
The T.V. didn't work. Call the front desk and they will give you a sob story of being in a dispute with DirecTV, so HD channels are very intermittent. Don't care. I paid for the room, get it fixed.
Then there is that cost - these rooms are $65 rooms anywhere else. I know it is the area, understand that. But paying over $300 per night is a joke at this place.
Sure, there is a little pool that the kids can have fun in. Small hut tub to soak in for a bit. And a sauna is always nice, but none of that is worth the price. And can be found at pretty much any other hotel in the town.
The on-premise restaurant is just as bad. The prices are outrageous and quality is below that of the McDonald's down the block.
Don't stay here. As a platinum IHG club member, I would rather stay somewhere else than get the points staying here. Holiday Inn should really be embarrassed to have this in their group. Motel 6 would be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is the premier destination for Yellowstone family vacations, memorable meetings, conventions, weddings, and corporate retreats. Amenities include renovated guest rooms and suites, indoor pool, hot tub, in room microwaves, mini fridges and free WiFi. Our full service restaurant offers Montana cuisine and a full bar. Open year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn West Yellowstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone Hotel West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn West Yellowstone Montana