“Cleanest Place I've Ever Stayed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Rustic Wagon RV Campground & Cabins
Louisville, KY
“Cleanest Place I've Ever Stayed”
Reviewed 17 September 2008

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the "Rustic Cabin" last week. It was a pleasure and we highly recommend it. The price was $127 plus tax per night. Check-in was a breeze and the two bedroom cabin, although small, was the cleanest place I've ever stayed. I tried to find dust (above the door frame, on the picture frames, on top the fridge, etc.) and there was none - wish my house was this clean! The cabin was fine for my husband and me but it might be a bit too small for two couples. My only recommendation for change would be to replace the bed in the TV/kitchen room with a queen size futon. There's no place to sit except the beds or a kitchen chair so a futon would solve the problem. The owners are among the nicest folks you'd want to meet and the attention to detail to the grounds and our cabin demonstrated the pride they take in their property. Yes, our cabin was in a campground but the landscaping made it amazingly private. We enjoyed the kitchen and grilling on the great covered porch. We would stay here again.

• Liked — The comfortable beds and cleanliness of everything.
  • Disliked — The shower was a little dark.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grandma_Bette

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
California
Reviewed 31 August 2008

First of all, you should understand these are two different properties, the Wagon Wheel and the Rustic Wagon. They are three blocks apart and owned by the same family, but they are not identical. Due to a cancellatoin, we were able to get "Cabin R" at the last minute in August at the Rustic Wagon and counted ourselves lucky to get it. We paid $135 a night for a two-room cabin that was tiny but very comfortable. Everything in West Yellowstone is very expensive and not that great so we were happy to have our own little kitchenette to cook. We also had a screened porch with a gas grill, and pretty much cooked every meal on the grill. Our unit also had a full size refrigerator which was welcome. This property is mostly an RV campground with a few spaces for tents and a few cabins. It is owned by a very kind and accomodating couple. Our cabin had a front room with a double bed and storage, and a main room with another double bed and kitchenette. A small bath wtih shower. It looked like maybe it was built in the 40s. Everything was immaculate in fact the owner Dorit told me she has all the dishes re-washed after the guests leave to make sure they're really clean. They also supply all the cooking items you need, can openers et al. There was even daily maid service which for a cabin was pleasant and surprisning. The campground was pretty basic, there was a swingset and small kids playground, but no pool. There were pine trees.It was a long walk to town from there. At the other location, the Wagon Wheel, they have a pool table and game room, but the manager there wouldn't let my kids use the pool table, even though they had been told they could use it by the owners. That was the only sour note though in an otherwise pleasant stay. I would recommend these cabins wholeheartedly. You have to do a lot of driving in Yellowstone, all the main attractions are far apart. Staying in the park could be more convenient, definitely, but our little cabin was very snug and pleasant to come home to after a day of sightseeing and there was a TV to lull the kids to sleep.

• Stayed August 2008
2 Thank marlajfish
Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2008

During a recent road trip we stayed in West Yellowstone for 4 days. After a lot of searching we decided to stay at the Wagon Wheel Cabins. I am so glad that we choose this cabin. It was absoulutly wonderful. We rented cabin #7. Here are the reasons this cabin was so wonderful. When we first arrived in West Yellowstone I was really worried because some of the area looks a little dumpy (think shabby motel 8). Even once we pulled in to the cabin/campground area I still wasn't impressed. There were mobile homes around the area (West Yellowstone in general) and next to the site. We we were checking in Ken was telling me I would be really happy and impressed with the room. In my mind I was thinking yeah, right my expectations might be a little higher than yours. Well I was so glad he proved me wrong. See the attached pictures to see what the place looks like. In addition to that here are some general reasons why we loved our stay at Wagon Wheels.

1. It was a spacious 2 bedroom and also had a sleeper sofa. There cabin honestly is the size of a 2 bedroom apartment. The kitchen was roomy and had enough space to sit 6. There are even 2 bathrooms.

2. The owners Ken and Dorit provide just about everything you could need to set up shop. In the kitchen everything except food was provided well above what we normally get in a condo. They had spices (sugar, salt, pepper) and other necessities (foil, ziplock bags, etc.).

3. The property is wooded so except for the cabin behind you there is complete privacy.

4. The outdoor space is huge. There are at least 6 picnic tables spread around the 1/2 acre (a guess) yard. There is also a grill on a covered front porch.

5. There is daily housekeeping.

6. Ken and Dorit are very helpful and give you wonderful suggestions of things to do and places to eat. They have connections with several business around the area and where able to provide discount coupons to some of them.

7. After seeing how poorly maintained a lot of the properties around West Yellowstone you will be so glad you have a decent place to stay.

• Liked — It was only 4 blocks from the West Yellowstone entrance. It was large, clean, and well maintained.
  • Disliked — We couldn't access the internet and had spotty cell phone reception.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travelingfamilyof4
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed 12 June 2006

Wagon Wheel RV has several cabins of various sizes to suit a family's needs. We rented cabin #1 for a week and it had the complete housekeeping amenities, including washer & dryer and daily housekeeping. It had a Queen bedroom, separate bedroom with bunkbeds, a loft with 2 single beds and a sofa sleeper. Our friends rented cabin #8 which was a large efficiency with complete kitchen. We admired each other';s unique decor and features, including the fancy woodstoves. We both had outdoor gas grills and picnic tables & we took turns grilling dinner. The cabins and entire park were immaculate. Our friendly host, Ken, was most helpful in recommending restaurants, side trips and making reservations for us. We were 5 min from the western entrance of Yellowstone Park. [--]

11 Thank JILL O
Terrebonne, Oregon
Reviewed 29 August 2005

On a recent trip to Yellowstone, we stayed at the Wagon Wheel Cabins in West Yellowstone, Montanta. The cabins were a feast for the eyes. Built in the late 1920's and updated to today's finicky standards, cabin #1 did not disappoint. Decorated in authentic western decor and antiques and immaculate this cabin was instantly welcoming. Each day after a busy day of hiking geyers and exploring we came home to find the cabin had been recleaned and left in pristine condition. The hosts had the scoop on every great place to eat, explore and shop in town. If a little authenticity and pampering appeal to you, don't pass the opportunity to make Wagon Wheel Cabins your homebase while visiting Yellowstone National Park.

11 Thank rangodango