“Great Place to Stay Near Yellowstone”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground & Marina
South Jordan, Utah
“Great Place to Stay Near Yellowstone”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Yellowstone Holiday is a great place for a family to stay in the cabins. It is near West Yellowstone and only about a 10-15 minute drive to the gates of yellowstone but you are away from all the crowds which is nice. It is situated on Hebgen Lake which is gorgeous, they have boat and kayaks you can rent and you can even get your fishing license right from their store which also carries some food and basic necessity stuff you may need to purchase. It is more famous for RV sites but it has several cabins which is what we stayed in. We have stayed in both the Moose and Elk cabins in the past and both are great options. The moose is slightly larger but a duplex and the elk is newer but slightly smaller. It is a great option for a family or group of 4+ people so you don't have to rent multiple hotel rooms which can become expensive. They are heated, have a sink, small fridge, nice table, firepit out front, etc. We try to go there every year now and love it.

Room Tip: The Moose cabins are larger than the Elk cabins but they are duplexes so you share the same building...
1 Thank emorgan80

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Connecticut
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This park is well maintained and clean. We didn't interact with management but the staff we encountered was pleasant and friendly. The bathrooms are spotless and the showers are new and huge. I would definitely stay here again as it is a bargain for the West Yellowstone area. My only complaint is they didn't honor my Good Sam discount membership.

3 Thank 2462skiing
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 22 July 2011

When I first saw the reviews I was concerned and almost didn't book the cabin but I am so happy we did.We rented the Elk Cabin and it was wonderful and such A good price.The staff was also wonderful very friendly to myself and my children I had 3 with me ages 4,14and 17 they all had such a great time.I would recommend this campground to everyone wanting a great place to stay and a friendly staff.

Room Tip: I booked online and it was very simple and easy to do.
2 Thank MalisaWilliams
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The park has nice wide sites with concrete picnic table sites. Full hookups are nice and clean and easy to use. Could use some more trees, only 6 foot tall bushes in the park so it is really open. Beautiful views of the lake and mountains. 13 miles from West Yellowstone so you get away from the park crowds. A plus for me!
We are currently staying in the park and so far the staff has been friendly and helpful.

4 Thank Firemanor
bozeman
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Our group of friends stayed in the cabins over Labor Day weekend. One of our friends made a mistake and parked his boat in a slip that he had not rented(he paid the launching fee, but didn't realize the slips required an additional rental). The manager angrily came over and despite my friend's apology ,continued yelling a verbal barrage of insults and was cussing in front of our chidren. In all of my years I have never witnessed such a display of anger and rudeness. We will not be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
9 Thank ctsbozeman
YHR70, Guest Relations Manager at Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground & Marina, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
We want to apologize for the confusion with the boat slips. We have had the opportunity to clear up some of the confusion regarding our boat slips and the launching fee on our new and improved website. Also, we will add a sign to the Marina Store that will state when you purchase a boat slip, the launch fee is included.

Please also note that during the off season, the management team has been attending customer service seminars. We are going to strive to have the best summer yet with most of our attentions focused on great customer service.
bozeman, Montana, USA
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We were part of a group of 4 families, we rented 3 cabins, an rv spot and a boat slip. The prices are good, the facilities are very clean and well maintained. All this is over shadowed by the incrediably rude manager. He screamed at my friend for having is boat docked in the wrong slip, a simple mistake (there are no signs to help you dock your boat) my friend tryed to move the boat, the manager was so rude and even used profanity and called him a bad name. I could not believe he treated us this way. He also yelled at our kids several times and we did not feel welcome at all. He is the sort of person who should not be around other people. He seems like is could be violent. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank familyvacations040
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 28 July 2010

When you travel to this lake side location, in the summer months with small children and stay in a rustic cabin, you kind of expect that it would be a kid friendly place. that is not the case here. Do not take your kids here! The people who run the place are rude and inappropriate. I don't really care to say anything more since for me, if they cannot accommodate children; I have no desire to spend a summer week there. This is not the Four Seasons, it's a campground for goodness sake. The manager rides around in a golf cart like the wicked witch of the west yelling at people including those who work there. She will ride the cart even if the victim she is targeting is 100 feet away! LOL.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family