“Beautiful View”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground & Marina
Prescott, Arizona
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This park is on Hebgen Lake and offers great mountain views. Park managers were very friendly and helpful. Campground offers boat rentals for daily use. Laundry room was clean. Office also includes a small gift shop and allowed us to have mail delivered. However, this park has a bug problem. These so-called “May bugs”, do not bite, but these bugs swarmed everywhere and covered our RV and truck. Out of seven days, we were only able to enjoy one day outside. We had a bottomless, screened tent, but the park would not allow us to use it. If you have a bug problem, I believe the park should bend the rules during that time. Campground was well maintained, but the amount of dog debris left on the lawns and within the dog park was alarming. Our site was level. This campground is about 20 minutes from Yellowstone’s west entrance and town. West Yellowstone offers many stores, grocery shops, gas stations and restaurants. Wifi was really bad and many times the server was not available. Our Verizon phones could only get a weak 3G signal. We recommend everyone visit the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center; an amazing, open cage experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We originally had reservations for the Best Western in West Yellowstone, but with three adults and two teenagers, the idea of a hotel room just seemed very claustrophobic. We had just stayed in a cabin recently at another National Park so I did some more research and discovered this place. At first I wasn't sure about the idea of having to be 10-15 minutes out of town, after all, you are driving for a good portion of the day inside of Yellowstone. We NEVER regretted the extra drive, in fact it was so peaceful being out of the busy town of West Yellowstone. We stayed 3 nights in Elk Cabin #7. There were picnic tables and a fire pit as well as the beautiful view of Lake Habgen just out the front door. After a long day in the park it was so nice to come back, build a campfire, and just relax. Two of the nights we ate in West Yellowstone, but one night we bought Hot Dogs and Chili and cooked on the fire. The fire pit and the lake was like an extension to our cabin, it made for a lovely living room in the evenings. The cabin itself is very comfortable. My Mother in Law slept on the futon in the front living/kitchen area and my husband and I with the kids slept in the back bedroom. The beds were very comfortable and we slept great. It is very quiet there at night so if you are used to a little "white noise" bring a fan or ear plugs to help block out the small noises you may hear during the night. You do need your own bedding, but that was not an issue. The bathroom is small, but that is to be expected in any small cabin rental, I was just happy to have a cabin with a bathroom :-) The kitchenette worked great and we were able to bring in our own utensils and bowls/plates so that some of our meals could be eaten there. Upon waking up the first morning there we were treated to the beautiful sight of the Osprey and their attempt at catching fish. It was a wonderful way to bring in the new day and again very peaceful. The Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We came just as they were closing the store, but they made sure we knew where everything was and that we were supplied with firewood and ice for our cooler. She even gave me some matches when I realized that I forgot to bring some from home. They personally welcomed and shook hands with our kids, never once did I feel like my kids were unwelcomed. I would strongly recommend this place. It was something to look forward to after a long day of sight seeing, and it really made our trip to Yellowstone more memorable and relaxing than a hotel would have. I found myself wishing we could stay longer, and had we stayed in the hotel I am pretty sure I would have been ready to come home a lot sooner. And I have to mention one more thing....the price. For three nights at the Best Western we would have paid $577 at the cabin we paid $277. That's a big difference. So if you are wondering if a 15 minute drive outside of West Yellowstone is worth it, the Lake View, Campfire, and peaceful setting as well as the $300 price difference make it worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The managers and their team are doing an outstanding job with this RV park. We stayed for 6 nights on one of the lakefront rv sites. We've stayed at quite a few RV parks and feel that this ranks at the top of our list. All facilities are clean and well maintained and prices are reasonable. About $40 per night for complete hookups. Only suggestion is for a more reliable wi-fi system. It wasn't very fast and it crashed regularly. Would highly recommend this RV park.

Room Tip: Get one of the lakefront sites. Their worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank RandAinIndiana
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our family of four stayed here for four nights during our visit to the Yellowstone area. The "bear necessities" cabin by the lake was very nice and exceeded our expectations in terms of cleanliness. The same was true for the shower and washroom facilities, both of which were spotless during our stay. The cabins are steps from beautiful Hebgen Lake and Yellowstone is a quick 15 minute drive.

What really made me love this place, though, was the staff. Everybody working there was so friendly and so kind to us and to our children that we felt completely at home. I have very rarely been treated so well anywhere that I have stayed. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Sumner WA
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

This was one of the nicest RV resorts I have stayed at! Premium RV spots were definitely worth it - on the water, firepit, 50 amp hook-ups, nice grassy yard on level gravel spots. Super-helpful staff & new facilities - a fifty cent / 30 minute dryer actually dries the clothes on first round. 15 minutes from west entrance of Yellowstone! I'll be back!

3 Thank Eric R
cashton
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the elk cabins. So cute. The online pictures don't do it justice. I was a little worried based on the online pics, but there was nothing to fear. It was clean with efficient use of space. I loved the log table. The managers are friendly and helpful. The cabin is right on the lake with a great view, quiet location, and affordable. We enjoyed the family orientated site. It has a firepit, reasonable boat rental, pet friendly, and on site laundry service. Far enough from the tourist trappings of west yellowstone to be relaxing, but close enough to go to the YNP every day. We'll certainly be back.

1 Thank twirly63
Becker, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

The only negative is it is a bit of a walk to bathrooms but I would walk a mile there if I had to because they and the showers are so clean! Cleanest I have ever witnessed! So clean that when we were done we cleaned them up for the next person! Staff was friendliest of our entire trip. Helpful. Polite. Great laundry. Cannot say enough nice things about these folks!

• Stayed July 2013