“Great setting - can't wait to get back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground & Marina
“Great setting - can't wait to get back”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by our visit to Yellowstone Holiday. As RV travelers many times we aren't sure what we're going to get when we visit an RV campground. This place did not disappoint. The setting is just gorgeous - the views of the lakes and the snow-capped mountains are incredibly lovely to wake up to. But the best part was the incredibly helpful staff. We realized that our RV was too long for the space they gave us and they were very accommodating in finding us just the right spot. The facilities are nice. Our washer in our RV wasn't working properly and they have several new, large-capacity washers and dryers that work well - better than the average ones you usually find in campgrounds. The campground is clean and although there are not permanent fire pits, they have portable ones that they will deliver to your site along with firewood. It was worth the extra drive as we visited Yellowstone every day while we were there. We will definitely return, but next time we'll book far enough in advance to make sure we get those spots right on the lake!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed one night in a "Bear Necessities" cabin and it was perfect for our needs. Much cleaner and nicely appointed than any other similar cabin rental we've been in , and I loved being right on the shore of the lake. If we had small kids they would've been amply entertained just by being so close to the shore and dock.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and the main building has wonderful bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities. Everything was spotless. Other campers were polite and minded the unofficial 10pm camping quiet rule which is something we appreciated.

I only wish we could've spent more time here. The lake is beautiful and charming, they had canoe and boat rentals available, and I could easily picture spending several days here on the lake.

Our only problem was the wifi didn't reach to our cabin, and we were in #4, so fairly close to the main building. But was it a problem really? Doesn't hurt to have a little device downtime anyway, so we didn't mind much. If you're relying on wifi service though, this might be an issue.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just spent a week at Yellowstone Holiday RV park. Let me preface this review by saying I don't do much camping but my experience here could change that. First off the cabins were very nice and clean and the beds (5 total) were comfortable. We had four adults in our cabin and that was fine.It had a small refrigerator and coffee maker but plenty of room in the fridge for all we needed. The location was quiet even though it was right off of route 287 I still slept undisturbed every night. The location is about 13 miles from West Yellowstone center but a very easy drive and being on Hebgen lake makes up for any inconvenience. Staff, especially Liesl, Jim, JC and Marge, were incredibly friendly and remembered my name from day one. It's always great to be greeted everyday by your name and to feel your business is appreciated. Quake lake is only a few miles away and worth investigating. The RV section looked very roomy with plenty of space between sites and a fire ring and table. All were level lots. The bathroom and laundry areas were spotless. By the way, the Elk cabins have a private bathroom and shower. They also have a marina and even rent small boats. Lot's of fish rising in the lake and several osprey feeding on them. Overall I loved this place and hope to start a tradition of going back every year.

Room Tip: Elk cabins have private bathrooms and that was worth the extra money for the convenience.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know if this is the same manager others have written about, but I suspect it is. His name rhymes with Harry but begins with an L. Very weird at check in, but the female on staff was great, wish I knew her name, so no biggie checking in. That is until my husband took my kids up to buy fire wood. My daughter said "a weird man touched me" so she did a spin to get his hands off her shoulders. My husband said the guy did do that, but didn't think it meant anything. Turns out my husband and son didn't actually see it, she just told them. I believe even young girls know when the creep alarm goes off.
The same man goes around the camp sites in a golf cart. We were using the campfire to the left of our vehicle, exchanging pleasantries with the family on the other side. Larry comes up and rudely told us that one was not ours to use. He goes off in his cart to bring us our own. I felt terrible and apologized to our neighbors, who were absolutely ok with it. They said that they were also not told how to identify which fire circles were assigned to who. This seems like a very easy thing to tell people when they are given a number. Larry then comes back as we are cleaning up, plops down a fire ring on the other side of our rig, and starts moving the burning logs with a shovel! Great fire safety there. Kids, give wide berth to the guys with the shovel and burning logs.
Finally, he tells my husband he has to unhook and store our black tank drain, because we need a specific fitting that no other campground ever mentioned, including two KOAs and a luxury RV park in the Black Hills. Getting the part is fine, it's just that Larry said it had to be done because 1) the Health Dept had just been out today and 2) they'd be back in the morning and 3) he'd hate for us to get fined. I looked up MT law and found no such law. I'm pretty sure Larry is a Liar and a Leach.
Looked for anyone else in area with full hook up, but they were all booked. Instead we avoided our campground completely and never returned to the office. This is a gorgeous place, a real shame to feel so uncomfortable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GaelicHead
YHR70, Owner at Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground & Marina, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We truly are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that you felt uncomfortable. We also apologize that you took offense to a friendly gesture of our employee placing a hand on your daughter’s shoulder. We all have families and know how sensitive these things are. Yellowstone Holiday prides itself as being a family resort. We appreciate constructive criticism on how we can improve, but it's unfortunate that you felt it necessary to personally attack and defame the character of one of our valued employees (whom is a father and grandfather himself.)
In making sure our guests are satisfied and having an enjoyable time, we look for any problems, garbage, etc., and we have asked our employees to drive in our golf carts or walk around the property at least on a daily basis. This is purely an act of doing everything possible to make sure our guests are happy. We also apologize for the confusion of fire rings. It is intentional that fire rings are not placed on every RV site due to obvious reasons (excessive smoke, noise, etc). However, we understand when spending a vacation in the outdoors, a campfire is truly part of the experience. If requested and if we can accommodate, we will add additional portable fire rings. I do understand that this situation could have been handled differently. Regarding the sewer connection, please note Montana Administrative Rules, Rule Number 37-111-207 which states that all sewer connections “must be water tight at all times.” Our employee felt that your sewer hose was in violation to this ruling and the Montana Health Department was on site those few days conducting their inspection.
We hope that someday you and your family will come back and experience all the beauty and joy that Hebgen Lake and Yellowstone Holiday provides.
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were not aware of this campground until told about it by a camp host in West Yellowstone where there was nothing available. Host helpful and friendly. Excellent RV sites. Beautiful view of lake and mountains. Showers and restroom long way from RV sites. Luckily we did not need them. We will stay here again! One of the nicest RV parks we have used!! Pay extra for lakeside site. Worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lola W
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This park is on Hebgen Lake and offers great mountain views. Park managers were very friendly and helpful. Campground offers boat rentals for daily use. Laundry room was clean. Office also includes a small gift shop and allowed us to have mail delivered. However, this park has a bug problem. These so-called “May bugs”, do not bite, but these bugs swarmed everywhere and covered our RV and truck. Out of seven days, we were only able to enjoy one day outside. We had a bottomless, screened tent, but the park would not allow us to use it. If you have a bug problem, I believe the park should bend the rules during that time. Campground was well maintained, but the amount of dog debris left on the lawns and within the dog park was alarming. Our site was level. This campground is about 20 minutes from Yellowstone’s west entrance and town. West Yellowstone offers many stores, grocery shops, gas stations and restaurants. Wifi was really bad and many times the server was not available. Our Verizon phones could only get a weak 3G signal. We recommend everyone visit the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center; an amazing, open cage experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We originally had reservations for the Best Western in West Yellowstone, but with three adults and two teenagers, the idea of a hotel room just seemed very claustrophobic. We had just stayed in a cabin recently at another National Park so I did some more research and discovered this place. At first I wasn't sure about the idea of having to be 10-15 minutes out of town, after all, you are driving for a good portion of the day inside of Yellowstone. We NEVER regretted the extra drive, in fact it was so peaceful being out of the busy town of West Yellowstone. We stayed 3 nights in Elk Cabin #7. There were picnic tables and a fire pit as well as the beautiful view of Lake Habgen just out the front door. After a long day in the park it was so nice to come back, build a campfire, and just relax. Two of the nights we ate in West Yellowstone, but one night we bought Hot Dogs and Chili and cooked on the fire. The fire pit and the lake was like an extension to our cabin, it made for a lovely living room in the evenings. The cabin itself is very comfortable. My Mother in Law slept on the futon in the front living/kitchen area and my husband and I with the kids slept in the back bedroom. The beds were very comfortable and we slept great. It is very quiet there at night so if you are used to a little "white noise" bring a fan or ear plugs to help block out the small noises you may hear during the night. You do need your own bedding, but that was not an issue. The bathroom is small, but that is to be expected in any small cabin rental, I was just happy to have a cabin with a bathroom :-) The kitchenette worked great and we were able to bring in our own utensils and bowls/plates so that some of our meals could be eaten there. Upon waking up the first morning there we were treated to the beautiful sight of the Osprey and their attempt at catching fish. It was a wonderful way to bring in the new day and again very peaceful. The Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We came just as they were closing the store, but they made sure we knew where everything was and that we were supplied with firewood and ice for our cooler. She even gave me some matches when I realized that I forgot to bring some from home. They personally welcomed and shook hands with our kids, never once did I feel like my kids were unwelcomed. I would strongly recommend this place. It was something to look forward to after a long day of sight seeing, and it really made our trip to Yellowstone more memorable and relaxing than a hotel would have. I found myself wishing we could stay longer, and had we stayed in the hotel I am pretty sure I would have been ready to come home a lot sooner. And I have to mention one more thing....the price. For three nights at the Best Western we would have paid $577 at the cabin we paid $277. That's a big difference. So if you are wondering if a 15 minute drive outside of West Yellowstone is worth it, the Lake View, Campfire, and peaceful setting as well as the $300 price difference make it worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family