“Pretty good”
Review of Yellowstone Lodge

Yellowstone Lodge
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place looks like it used to be a Best Western. Whether that's true or not, it doesn't seem to be quite up to the level of a Best Western. The room was big, clean (we watched them finish at exactly 3pm as we were waiting) and had all the basic amenities (TV works, AC works, comfortable beds, etc.). My complaints are:

1) The wifi was very slow before 10 pm and then nonexistent after that, and no one seemed to care. I informed the person at the desk and got the response "well, maybe too many people are on it right now." Not good enough, as I have a business I have to run, even on vacation. I had to sneak into the lobby of a nearby hotel and get online from there to get anything done.

2) The staff seemed a bit apathetic, and maybe a bit contemptuous. Aside from the Internet debacle, the one employee running the breakfast seemed annoyed that people were actually eating the food. Some foods ran out and were not restocked for 15 minutes or so.

Room Tip: The wifi might be better on the first or third floors (we were on the 2nd floor). I was told that...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ylodge, General Manager at Yellowstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your overall good score of our property.

I do apologize for the internet. It is an ongoing problem in the area, and we are doing everything in our power to improve our speed. I do understand the need to access the internet while away. So again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

In regards to the breakfast, the staff member you are referring to is no longer employed here, as yours was not the only complaint. I apologize for that degree of service.

I hope that you will give our property another chance should you travel to Yellowstone in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was spacious with a separate sink, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, but the decor was outdated and the room wasn't very clean. It was way over-priced. The bed was not very good. Wifi was terrible.
Breakfast was sub-standard. Not only were the coffee and orange juice terrible, but even the cereal was bad! We had not booked anything ahead, so we were stuck. The proximity to Yellowstone brings guests.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lise C

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments help us to evaluate and improve our property. We have done some updating in the rooms, ie. the bedding and the televisions, and there is more coming in the near future.

In regards to the wi-fi, it is a huge problem in the town itself. We are only allowed a certain amount of bandwidth, regardless of what we are willing to pay for it...or so I have been told by the only available provider. It is certainly an issue on the forefront of our minds that we hope will improve soon as well.

Again, your feedback is appreciate. We hope you enjoyed your overall visit to Yellowstone.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were thrilled when we got to our beautiful room on July 21st, 2014. This is a beautiful hotel with good view and close enough to town to walk if it hadn't been raining. Our room was big, well appointed and very clean. In the morning we had a continental breakfast (nothing special) and were able to get on our way back to Yellowston National Park. I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy_Jackson1955

Thank you so much for your positive review! Although negative comments do help us improve, positive feedback is needed equally to boost the moral of our hard working team.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms were extremely out of date. Door wouldnt close properly. The breakfast was very basic. The dining area can not accommodate a large number of people and during the Summer there are a lot of people. The shower sucked! Very low water pressure. Staff was ok..Ice machine didnt work and neither did the laundry machines. WIFI was awful!! Couldnt even upload a picture..and like 10 tv channels. Plus side is that it is close to a very neat little main street and very close to Yellowstone. I will probably not stay there again. I will find somewhere with better upkeep. Not worth the money...

1  Thank Daylyn M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Check in was ok but I was a bit alarmed to see a man with a gun walk out of hotel as I walked in so this unnerved me a bit. Hotel was expensive for the standard we received. Breakfast was ok. Location was fine. I wouldn't stay here again simply because of price but I had left booking a little late so I had little to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you were felt alarmed upon your arrival. Some individuals (visitors) choose to carry firearms when hunting in fishing in the wilderness area as the Montana laws allow. However, we never wish for any of our guests to feel uncomfortable.

I also am sorry that you did not feel as though you received a good value at our property. I hope that you will give the property another chance in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This lodge a fine place to stay but lacks something to make it special. It has all of the basics but isn't anything to write home about for the price. It is in a great location to access the town, the park, IMax and shopping. Make sure you visit the Play Mill theater!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

room was clean and adequate. Expensive for the amenities offerred, but West Yellowstone is a vacation destination hotel. Breakfast could have been better. Toasters were inadequate and staff had hard time keeping up with tour groups.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank scot c

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that the problematic toasters have been replaced. We hope that you choose our property for your next trip to Yellowstone!